Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Aftermath of tonight's loss...

Aftermath of tonight's loss...

Am I being ridiculous, or should they have at least tried to appeal to third base? That ball wasn't hit deep, and with Bruce's arm strength, I couldn't believe how not close that play was.
    either way, another lousy effort and a slew of blown oppurtunities from our Redlegs.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Aftermath of tonight's loss...

It doesn't matter at this juncture.This whole coaching staff should be ashamed of themselves.

ONE walk all night. Ten K's.

EMAW

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    It doesn't matter at this juncture.This whole coaching staff should be ashamed of themselves.
    THE FRONT OFFICE need to be held accountable for this 25 man roster

Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    Agreed and the whole offense too. Made Kyle Lohse looke like Greg Maddux out there.

Perhaps Kyle Lohse is this years Verlander?

Quote Originally Posted by chuck6660 View Post
    Perhaps Kyle Lohse is this years Verlander?
    It must be said, he is a good pitcher. But not THAT good.

And I was so happy when Bray came into the game to seal the deal. Chapman in the BP and Dusty uses Bray not once but twice with the game either tied or us up one and he does what he does best Blows it. Oh but wait he is still in his Spring Training mode. Maybe Dusty is to. The Cards tried their best to give us the game yet we can't do anything right yet again. Way to bunt em over Phillips go tweet about it now. That was a selfish AB IMO he never really tried to get the bunt down. This team needs a manager that will shake things up and not try to be all the players father. Dusty is great guy, just not a very good manager anymore. Ok done venting now on to Wed and hope we can start hitting.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    ONE walk all night. Ten K's.
    "We're not going to walk our way out of this slump".

---Toothpick the Sage

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

It's time to face reality, boys and girls.

Baker has to go.

I know how much some of you love him.

But it really is time.

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Am I being ridiculous, or should they have at least tried to appeal to third base? That ball wasn't hit deep, and with Bruce's arm strength, I couldn't believe how not close that play was.
    either way, another lousy effort and a slew of blown oppurtunities from our Redlegs.
    I saw it a little differently on the sac fly to win the game. Mesaraco did a great job of blocking the plate....if he holds on to the ball that runner's out.

I completely agree there were a slew of blown opportunities!

The whole coaching staff should be tested for chicken and beer.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

It gets very old hearing the same people complain and moan and Dusty Baker. I know this has been said before, but he doesn't hit, pitch, or play defense. He puts the players out there, and they aren't performing. They can't even do what he wants them to do, whether it is bad strategy or not, they aren't performing. Aren't we all Reds fans? I can understand some complaining, but Dusty farts wrong and it "fire Dusty". I left the ESPN boards because of this crap!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Tyler Greene can fly. 144 SB to 22 CS in his MiLB career and 16-0 in MLB. It would have been bang bang if he'd tried to hook slide and allowed Mes to catch it cleanly.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    I saw it a little differently on the sac fly to win the game. Mesaraco did a great job of blocking the plate....if he holds on to the ball that runner's out.

I completely agree there were a slew of blown opportunities!
    I looked at the replay again. The throw was behind the runner. The runner is just past the catcher when the throw gets to him. If the ball is caught he is still safe. Mesaraco tried to catch the ball in the fair side of the plate and the runner slide right in behind him on the foul side.

The problem with this game as well as many others is we aren't taking advantage of scoring opportunities, it's just that simple. I'm sure they will start hitting sooner or later but by then in may be too late. It's sure possible to lose the division title in April and May.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Turn Off Ads?