Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Its sad when...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West bye Gawd Virginia
    Posts
    1,184

    Its sad when...

    You are already at the juncture where you don't even care to watch the game, and all you do is check the box score the next morning to see the result, and what Votto did. Usually I don't get there until August, I'm already there.

    I'm also EXTREMELY worried about how the FO is going to be able to afford these contracts. In order to pay money you have to make it, to make it you need fans, and right now I don't want to waste my hard earned money at the ballpark watching these jokers. My money will be better spent this summer watching Van Halen, Def Leppard/Poison, and Motley Crue/Kiss.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,461

    Re: Its sad when...

    Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    You are already at the juncture where you don't even care to watch the game, and all you do is check the box score the next morning to see the result, and what Votto did. Usually I don't get there until August, I'm already there.

    I'm also EXTREMELY worried about how the FO is going to be able to afford these contracts. In order to pay money you have to make it, to make it you need fans, and right now I don't want to waste my hard earned money at the ballpark watching these jokers. My money will be better spent this summer watching Van Halen, Def Leppard/Poison, and Motley Crue/Kiss.
    See ya then!!!!

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West bye Gawd Virginia
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Its sad when...

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    See ya then!!!!
    You think I'm joking but if I keep following this team this year I'm going to lose my sanity. I'm extremely depressed because of this team, it just ain't fair. What baseball Gods have we pissed off? What curse do we have? I'm damn sick and tired of losing! We (the Fans) deserve better than this! WE put up with nothing but $h!t performances for 9 straight seasons, and finally we get a winning season, a division title, and the playoffs and now were back to where we were in 2002? Its ****ing bull**** and I'm sick of it!

  5. #4
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,461

    Re: Its sad when...

    Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    You think I'm joking but if I keep following this team this year I'm going to lose my sanity. I'm extremely depressed because of this team, it just ain't fair. What baseball Gods have we pissed off? What curse do we have? I'm damn sick and tired of losing! We (the Fans) deserve better than this! WE put up with nothing but $h!t performances for 9 straight seasons, and finally we get a winning season, a division title, and the playoffs and now were back to where we were in 2002? Its ****ing bull**** and I'm sick of it!
    How do you think the Cubs fans have felt the last 100+ years?

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    487

    Re: Its sad when...

    Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    You think I'm joking but if I keep following this team this year I'm going to lose my sanity. I'm extremely depressed because of this team, it just ain't fair. What baseball Gods have we pissed off? What curse do we have? I'm damn sick and tired of losing! We (the Fans) deserve better than this! WE put up with nothing but $h!t performances for 9 straight seasons, and finally we get a winning season, a division title, and the playoffs and now were back to where we were in 2002? Its ****ing bull**** and I'm sick of it!
    You need a hug, then some perspective.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West bye Gawd Virginia
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Its sad when...

    Quote Originally Posted by Who Dey Time View Post
    You need a hug, then some perspective.
    The hug part, I'm good thanks!

    Perspective, yes. This team's play affects my mood. 1990, 1999, and 2010 were some of the best summers of my life...why? Because the Reds were freaking awesome those years!

    Its bad though when I don't even care to play slow-pitch softball because the Reds suck. One of my teammates asked me last year, "whats wrong with you? YOu act like you don't even want to play?" The real reason, I lost interest in baseball all together by September because the Reds sucked.

    Kinda what Rocky Balboa said to Adrian in the horrible movie Rocky V about Tommy Gunn, when he is winning, I'm winning.

    That is how I feel about the Reds, when they win, I win!

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    734

    Re: Its sad when...

    Yeah, I'm kinda there too. I was really excited about this team during the offseason, with all the moves (finally), and then the extensions, and really looking forward to the season. Now it's like: "Is that all you got"? Helping coach a crappy bunch of highschoolers with questionable ablity, who seem to be just plodding along, then coming home to see similar stuff with the Reds, is enough to push me over the edge. I think I need a few mental health days (and beers).
    Last edited by Old NDN; 04-18-2012 at 10:06 AM.

  9. #8
    Member jhu1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    421

    Re: Its sad when...

    Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    The hug part, I'm good thanks!

    Perspective, yes. This team's play affects my mood. 1990, 1999, and 2010 were some of the best summers of my life...why? Because the Reds were freaking awesome those years!

    Its bad though when I don't even care to play slow-pitch softball because the Reds suck. One of my teammates asked me last year, "whats wrong with you? YOu act like you don't even want to play?" The real reason, I lost interest in baseball all together by September because the Reds sucked.

    Kinda what Rocky Balboa said to Adrian in the horrible movie Rocky V about Tommy Gunn, when he is winning, I'm winning.

    That is how I feel about the Reds, when they win, I win!
    See a doctor. They make medication for conditions like that!

  10. #9
    Member smixsell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    1,169

    Re: Its sad when...

    I was there in May of 11 and haven't left. I won't have any enthusiasm for the Reds until Crusty is gone. It's sickening how our good young players are all regressing instead of improving. Crusty and his staff NEED TO GO!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25