Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's way too early.

It's way too early.

I know this is a marathon,but we all see the writing on the wall with this lineup.Hitting way too inconsistent,pitching is decent, but with no run support what can you ask of them?This lineup better start hitting,or bring up someone who will.Frazier not in lineup,we call up players to sit on the bench.SMH.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: It's way too early.

the season is all but over before it started. Not enough can be done to get any decent hitting at this juncture. Time to mail it in and hope the front office actually does something to address the miserable hitting in the offseason which has been going on since the beginning of 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Maker_84 View Post
    the season is all but over before it started. Not enough can be done to get any decent hitting at this juncture. Time to mail it in and hope the front office actually does something to address the miserable hitting in the offseason which has been going on since the beginning of 2011.
    Yeah, you should probably stop watching.

I hate to be a doubter this early in the season; however i'm getting that uneasy feeling, similiar to how I felt about Dusty and the boys by June last year, and we all know how that ended. Unless something turns around soon, the season could be slipping away

I transcend race, hombre LaFlamaBlanca's Avatar

That's just ridiculous. Our entire starting lineup is not going to have simultaneous career worst seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by LaFlamaBlanca View Post
    That's just ridiculous. Our entire starting lineup is not going to have simultaneous career worst seasons.
    I have watched a lot of baseball and have seen a number of seasons where when the pitchers pitch, the hitters don't hit. And just when the hitters start to hit, the pitchers go south. Let's hope this is not one of those.

Redleger13

It's a weak start. Quit being so fickle. They will get it together.
    Mr. Redlegs - 2012

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I have watched a lot of baseball and have seen a number of seasons where when the pitchers pitch, the hitters don't hit. And just when the hitters start to hit, the pitchers go south. Let's hope this is not one of those.
    This is starting to sound a lot like golf. When you're hitting it close you can't putt and when you're putting you can't hit it close.

To me, the question is: when the offense picks up and the pitching slows down, where will we be? When they both average out, what kind of team will we have? Obviously, the offense has nowhere to go but up. However, the pitching is actually pretty average already. Not phenomenal, not terrible. So once the offense averages out, and hopefully the pitching stays average, or even goes a tad South, I think we'll be alright. We don't need a total outpouring of offense but only a few more timely hits.

So right now we're putting good but our long-game is in shambles. It'll turn around eventually. But when we get to midseason form and it all averages out, will we be over or under par?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Luke View Post
    It's a weak start. Quit being so fickle. They will get it together.
    If we had not heard this for the entire 2011 season it might be somewhat easier to take your advice. How long does a team have to spin its wheels and muddle along before we come to accept that maybe it won't get it together? It isn't 11 games. It is one year and 11 games. Maybe after so many down years we wanted to believe the team was good again. Maybe 2010 was a mirage. I want to believe the hitters will hit and this team will climb back into contention. Before the season started I was 100% certain. I am probably down to about 90% certain now. There is some doubt creeping in.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-18-2012 at 10:36 AM.

Redleger13

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If we had not heard this for the entire 2011 season it might be somewhat easier to take your advice. How long does a team have to spin its wheels and muddle along before we come to accept that maybe it won't get it together? It isn't 11 games. It is one year and 11 games. Maybe after so many down years we wanted to believe the team was good again. Maybe 2010 was a mirage. I want to believe the hitters will hit and this team will climb back into contention. Before the season started I was 100% certain. I am probably down to about 90% certain now. There is some doubt creeping in.
    Hitting is contagious. And that works both ways. Once the bats click I expect us to light up. 2011 was a bad year for numerous reasons. We were plagued with injuries, lacked substance in the rotation, like you said, offense never clicking, and over all did not have talent we do now.
    Rolen is back (for what he's worth), Cozart, Latos, Ludwick, and Cueto blossomed into a true ace. We are cold out of the gates but I have faith in this year's squad that I didn't last year.
    I hold to my faith.
    Mr. Redlegs - 2012

I keep hearing "its early" they will come around...well okay..when does "it's early" end? If come May 1 and we are 5-7 games out and still struggling is it still early? What about late May and we are say 10 games out and only a few are producing? Is it still "early"? Can someone just let me know when I need to start worrying...

It's early because we have only played 6% of the season! Seriously guys just look at that number, 6%. We WILL hit, no team can play like this for an entire season and we are still 4-7. Not to mention we have played close in just about every loss so don't go thinking of fan suicide because this team WILL win.
    The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be! -Bret Hart

Redleger13

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I keep hearing "its early" they will come around...well okay..when does "it's early" end? If come May 1 and we are 5-7 games out and still struggling is it still early? What about late May and we are say 10 games out and only a few are producing? Is it still "early"? Can someone just let me know when I need to start worrying...
    When it's not early anymore
    Mr. Redlegs - 2012

Okay..so when isn't it early? How many games back do the Reds have to be before we need to become concerned? 10-15-20?

Okay..so when isn't it early? How many games back do the Reds have to be before we need to become concerned? 10-15-20?
    May 17th. Completely random date.

In all seriousness, I think there is room for worry just not panic (not saying you are). I'll start worrying when the team start to hit a little and then the pitching goes south (if that happens). No way this team will continue in the funk they are currently mired in.

I do worry more each day Willie Harris is on our roster.

Turn Off Ads?