Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Venting

Venting

So a while back we picked up a new kitchen vent for the stove but people we have had out to the house to do other work have all turned out to have "work performance issues." We haven't gotten to installing the vent as we knock out other projects first. The vent is similar to this one- http://www.broan.com/display/router....oductID=100538

Has anyone had experience installing one of these themselves? If so, how did it go? What tools make it easier? Is it a reasonable DIY project for someone with some DIY experience but certainly not master skills. If I do it myself I will need to buy or construct the cabinet to attach it to as the model attaches to a cabinet above.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Venting

Did you get this installed? Looks like a pretty standard one to me. I've put in about a half dozen vents and have never found it to be that difficult, but if you have an existing exhaust then it's a little trickier to line things up. If it's self venting, it's really only a matter of fitting it (should be the same width as your stove/cabinets), installing spacers between the top of the vent and the bottom of the cabinet (if needed), rewiring and away you go.
    Make sure your breaker is off before you start!
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Re: Venting

We haven't gotten it installed yet but are in the process of getting it set up. The complicating factors are that there are no cabinets above- so one will have to built- and that where it vents to is near the back door. Hopefully it will go smoothly

Turn Off Ads?