Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 4/18/12 - Ok, seriously...let's win a game.

Re: 4/18/12 - Ok, seriously...let's win a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    The only thing worse than watching the Reds is reading this game thread... And I actually got on here to gripe and vent. The hyperbole and the overreaction is out of this world right now. I get it... But some of these guys need saddles the way you guys ride them. This team looks snake bit and the expectations have us all frustrated... But after reading through the thread, I feel like everyone is angry, insane, and sick of reading/arguing with each other. I guess fans that don't have Redszone take their anger out on Dallas Latos via Twitter... Not a very proud to be a Reds fan on the Internet tonight.
    I don't care what the woman has said, the reaction to her by some Reds fans on Twitter has been nothing short of shameful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Looking at the schedule Monday looks like a good day for some firings.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    We'll see. Someone said you're only as good as your last song, game, season or whatever. Yes, Drew had a horrible end to last year and has started off bad, but for the life of me, I cannot see how he is any worse than most of the starting lineup. It's a slump and the opposing pitchers knowing how to pitch us. And no one is worthless. Just slumping.
    Exactly how long must a bad streak last before its no longer considered a slump, but rather the norm?

People are saying mean things to Latos' wife?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

FIGHT!!

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    FIGHT!!
    Not cool. You made me turn the game back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Not cool. You made me turn the game back on.
    Sorry that was more a wishful thinking then play by play. My bad man. And good for you to turn the game off. Wish I had the will power. And self respect.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Sorry that was more a wishful thinking then play by play. My bad man. And good for you to turn the game off. Wish I had the will power. And self respect.
    Hahaha I was just giving you a hard time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boy View Post
    The only thing worse than watching the Reds is reading this game thread... And I actually got on here to gripe and vent. The hyperbole and the overreaction is out of this world right now. I get it... But some of these guys need saddles the way you guys ride them. This team looks snake bit and the expectations have us all frustrated... But after reading through the thread, I feel like everyone is angry, insane, and sick of reading/arguing with each other. I guess fans that don't have Redszone take their anger out on Dallas Latos via Twitter... Not a very proud to be a Reds fan on the Internet tonight.
    Respectfully, I am unhappy with the Reds. I spend much of my leisure time devoted to the ballclub, and I expected a good season. Instead, they are playing miserably.

I'm sorry if it disturbs you that some of us express these feelings on a Reds message board.

If we now are to have folks overseeing our comments and criticizing posters for expressing their frustration, maybe it's time to go someplace else to discuss Reds baseball.

SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

At least he's not DatDudeDP this time...

"This field, this game, is a part of our past. It reminds us of all that once was good, and what could be again." -- Terence Mann

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Respectfully, I am unhappy with the Reds. I spend much of my leisure time devoted to the ballclub, and I expected a good season. Instead, they are playing miserably.

I'm sorry if it disturbs you that some of us express these feelings on a Reds message board.

If we now are to have folks overseeing our comments and criticizing posters for expressing their frustration, maybe it's time to go someplace else to discuss Reds baseball.
    I don't think he means it that way. Some people on here can just be relentless. I think you're feelings are in line with 95% of us.

Why are people surprised the Reds are a bad team? They have more "if's" than any team I can remember.

Walt dropped the ball, that's just the sad fact. Expecting Rolen and Ludwick to be key cogs in the middle of the lineup is just plain scary. Major letdown all the way through.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Why are people surprised the Reds are a bad team? They have more "if's" than any team I can remember.

Walt dropped the ball, that's just the sad fact. Expecting Rolen and Ludwick to be key cogs in the middle of the lineup is just plain scary. Major letdown all the way through.
    You saying you thought they would be this bad?

That really wasn't a good at bat for Bruce.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Reds aren't even at bat long enough to throw a pizza in the oven.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?