Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Optimistic

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    96

    Optimistic

    Trying to stay optimistic here. The schedule gets significantly easier after tomorrow for a while. If they could somehow get the bats going and go on some kind of a win streak like 13 of the next 16 or something like that.

    They got 1 more with St louis
    3 at Chicago
    9 at home with SF, HOU, and CHC
    3 at PIT

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member LeDoux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Knoxville
    Posts
    602

    Re: Optimistic

    Quote Originally Posted by GoReds19 View Post
    Trying to stay optimistic here. The schedule gets significantly easier after tomorrow for a while. If they could somehow get the bats going and go on some kind of a win streak like 13 of the next 16 or something like that.

    They got 1 more with St louis
    3 at Chicago
    9 at home with SF, HOU, and CHC
    3 at PIT
    Bless you for your optimism. I mean it.

  4. #3
    EMAW
    Guest

    Re: Optimistic

    5-9 after 14 games in 2010

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    157

    Re: Optimistic

    Everyone just needs to calm the hell down on the board. It's 12 games in and 9 of those games have been against the Cardinals and Nationals who are both early division leaders. Let's see the Reds play against a few other teams before we start jumping ship. They've lost a couple games due to bad breaks and with the exception of Latos have gotten pretty solid starting pitching.

    I see a lot of positives early on:

    1) Chapman looks dominant and an asset in the starting rotation for the last 2/3 of the year.

    2) Cueto is pitching solid and showing last year was not a fluke.

    3) Cozart is a legit everyday major leaguer and solves SS.

    4) The defense looks really sharp.

    I think the Reds need to pick up a LH OF bench bat and could use another major league caliber reliever. Whether they fill these needs through a trade of Stubbs, Heisey, or Bailey (or some combination thereof) or promote from within we'll see. Keep an eye on Rhinehart & Daryl Jones in AAA.

    The sky is not falling. Let's see how we do against the Cubs, Stros, & Pirates of the world over the next couple of weeks.

  6. #5
    Member jhu1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    422

    Re: Optimistic

    Quote Originally Posted by herbdizzle View Post
    Everyone just needs to calm the hell down on the board. It's 12 games in and 9 of those games have been against the Cardinals and Nationals who are both early division leaders. Let's see the Reds play against a few other teams before we start jumping ship. They've lost a couple games due to bad breaks and with the exception of Latos have gotten pretty solid starting pitching.

    I see a lot of positives early on:

    1) Chapman looks dominant and an asset in the starting rotation for the last 2/3 of the year.

    2) Cueto is pitching solid and showing last year was not a fluke.

    3) Cozart is a legit everyday major leaguer and solves SS.

    4) The defense looks really sharp.

    I think the Reds need to pick up a LH OF bench bat and could use another major league caliber reliever. Whether they fill these needs through a trade of Stubbs, Heisey, or Bailey (or some combination thereof) or promote from within we'll see. Keep an eye on Rhinehart & Daryl Jones in AAA.

    The sky is not falling. Let's see how we do against the Cubs, Stros, & Pirates of the world over the next couple of weeks.
    Good post. J.J. Hoover has been looking great in AAA as well.

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West bye Gawd Virginia
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Optimistic

    Quote Originally Posted by EMAW View Post
    5-9 after 14 games in 2010
    I try to keep that in perspective. Refer back to 2010, we turned it around then, but then there is the other Jake Taylor side of me that says "They were a different club that year."

    1. We got a fluke season from Gomes (love and bless his heart).

    2. We got a bit of gas from Rolen and Cabrera.

    3. An MVP season from Votto (before everyone became too chicken $h!t to pitch to him).

    4. A helluva a good season from Stubbs, (which I'm scratching my head wondering what has happened to this guy's bat).

  8. #7
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,822

    Re: Optimistic

    I see a continuation of 2011 so far. IMO this makes 174 games and counting, waiting for this team to catch fire.

    Could this team win a lot of games? Certainly.
    Should this team win a lot of games? Probably.
    Will this team win a lot of games? Remains to be seen.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-19-2012 at 09:36 AM.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West bye Gawd Virginia
    Posts
    1,184

    Re: Optimistic

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I see a continuation of 2011 so far. IMO this makes 174 games and counting, waiting for this team to catch fire.

    Could this team win a lot of games? Certainly.
    Should this team win a lot of games? Probably.
    Will this team win a lot of games? Remains to be seen.
    I agree with everything you just said. To me it just don't make any sense whatsoever that this team couldn't/can't pick up where it left off in 2010.

  10. #9
    Jay Bruce 30+ HR jrandal9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Grove City, OH
    Posts
    61

    Re: Optimistic

    As I was going through a post in the Red Guard I came across a post that gave multiple examples of team that started slowly to win 90+ games that season. I think this team has the potential to be great and make a huge run. Our schedule will balance out in the end and we will feast on the lower tier teams like a good team does and we will beat some of the other good teams. Just believe in this team and for gods sake take a step back from the ledge everyone!
    The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be! -Bret Hart


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25