Votto 1B
    Phillips 2B
    Bruce RF
    Ludwick LF
    Frazier 3B
    Hanigan C
    Arroyo P

Re: Reds vs. Cardinals Thursday 4/19

It was pretty obvious that Frazier was in for Rolen today. Still would have been nice to get him an AB last night in a double-digit blowout.

Let's blast Wainwright.

Just looked at the career numbers versus Wainwright. Aside from Jay "They call me the Streak" Bruce, nobody has really hit him. Votto is 1 for 12. Phillips is 4 for 25. I guess you could say both of them are due. But, really, the entire team is due.
    Last edited by texasdave; 04-19-2012 at 10:59 AM.

On the flip side it is hard to find a batter that hasn't had success against Arroyo. Yikes. In 31 career starts he is 7-12 with a 4.59 ERA and ugly peripherals. We are just gonna ignore those numbers for one day.

Like stated above: Today is a new day!

Like I told you all last nite, Matheney will do his best to help the Reds salvage a game. Berkman is out due to calf, so he benches Freese and Molina too. That's 3 .300+ hitters not to worry about. Plus the lack of defense behind the plate, plus the worst hitter on the entire team, Holliday (.182) doing his best black hole impersonation in the 3 hole....with a still shakey Wainwright, Vegas has to have this game 3-1 Reds.....enjoy!

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magdal View Post
    Like I told you all last nite, Matheney will do his best to help the Reds salvage a game. Berkman is out due to calf, so he benches Freese and Molina too. That's 3 .300+ hitters not to worry about. Plus the lack of defense behind the plate, plus the worst hitter on the entire team, Holliday (.182) doing his best black hole impersonation in the 3 hole....with a still shakey Wainwright, Vegas has to have this game 3-1 Reds.....enjoy!
    All designed to keep the Reds within 15 games and Baker the manager, correct?

Wainwright has been struggling hard. It will be interesting to see if they leave him in to get his pitches in, or pull him in an effort to win. Seeing their lineup today, it looks like they're not too worried since they've already beat us 4 times this year.

One guy shouldn't make that much of a difference, but Scott Rolen is so horrible, that with him out of the lineup today, the REDS should finally score some runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    One guy shouldn't make that much of a difference, but Scott Rolen is so horrible, that with him out of the lineup today, the REDS should finally score some runs.
    That's a good point! If the Reds don't win today Dusty's big butt aughta be fired on general principles.

BP needs to be on the DL.

What scary behavior will the Reds show today? It has replaced my horror film hobby.

Tom

I don't understand why Rolen hasn't been released...

I LOVE the guy, but he can't play anymore - it's nothing against him, you just can't get it done at 37

Quote Originally Posted by 1869's Original View Post
    I don't understand why Rolen hasn't been released...

I LOVE the guy, but he can't play anymore - it's nothing against him, you just can't get it done at 37
    his defense is worth it imo...just needs to bat lower

Tom

great AB's from Joey & Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by 1869's Original View Post
    great AB's from Joey & Brandon
    same results though

lol, Phillips was given second life by the ump as he should have been called out on strikes...........and still can't do anything.

Turn Off Ads?