Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 4.19.12 Day Game Reds @ St. Louis 1:45 ET start

Re: 4.19.12 Day Game Reds @ St. Louis 1:45 ET start

Votto is setting up very closed. Interesting.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Votto draws a full count walk.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

BP singles to right to score Coz.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Have a day B-Peezy.

Homer, I'm coming up your way in May for Sox-Cubs at Wrigley. Suggestions on where to go before the game?

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Homer, I'm coming up your way in May for Sox-Cubs at Wrigley. Suggestions on where to go before the game?
    Ever been?

Once when I was like 15. Just did Michigan Ave, Navy Pier, couple shows, etc.

Ok, DatDude can bat 4th....
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Ok, DatDude can bat 4th....
    When he's locked in, dude can hit anywhere.

If the Reds aren't careful, they'll move past Pittsburgh into 29th place for team BA and team OPS against RHP.

Nice quick catch and throw from Coz. 6-3

Another 6-3. No one is hitting Arroyo squarely right now.

He's at 55 pitches through 5. Dealing.

Not sure how much of a partier you are, but I would say you have to hit up Clark Street for some warm up beverages before the game if you're into that kind of thing. My favorite place is called Vines, which has a great outdoor patio. All of these bars are jam packed for baseball games, but that's part of the fun. Be prepared to pay $5-$6 for a can of Bud Light. Ridiculous, but it works.

If you don't have tickets, I would recommend doing the bleachers if you're a partier. If not, I would recommend getting tickets in the 400 section. They're upper deck, but very close to the action, and usually in the sun. If you get in the 200's or 500's you can end up in the shade, which can get kind of chilly in May.

For sight seeing, I would take the Chicago Architectural Tour from Navy Pier. It's about an hour boat ride along the river, and it's quite enjoyable. I live here, and I've done it three times (granted it was all with tourists in town).

Show wise, I would check out Second City (buy tickets in advance). Be sure to buy tickets for whichever show is on the main stage. I live almost right next door, and it's a blast every time I've been. Never fails.

Food - Some of my favorite places include Quartino, Cantina Laredo, Uncle Julio's (not exclusive to Chicago), Gibsons (famous steakhouse), Fulton's on the River, Hub 51 (party atmosphere).

Anything I'm missing?

55 pitches for Arroyo through 5.
    88 for Wainwright through 5.

Turn Off Ads?