Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Gave up...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Gave up...

    I keep hearing, reading and such that the team has either given up or gave up last night. I would love someone to prove this. We are playing bad ball right now, nothing more, nothing less...this idea they gave up or have given up is just plain foolish and insulting to the players.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member jhu1321's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    421

    Re: Gave up...

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I keep hearing, reading and such that the team has either given up or gave up last night. I would love someone to prove this. We are playing bad ball right now, nothing more, nothing less...this idea they gave up or have given up is just plain foolish and insulting to the players.
    Uhhmmm yeah, teams don't give up 12 games into a season. I will say this: Votto looks pissed, as he should be. Would love to see Votto step up into a leadership roll during this rough stretch.

  4. #3
    Member smixsell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    1,178

    Re: Gave up...

    Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    Uhhmmm yeah, teams don't give up 12 games into a season. I will say this: Votto looks pissed, as he should be. Would love to see Votto step up into a leadership roll during this rough stretch.
    I'd be pissed too if I had just signed a long term contract with this team and an "anti-manager" had almost finished his work of turning this team into the sloppiest bunch in the majors.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    356

    Re: Gave up...

    Mr. $20,000,000+ a year man is not exactly tearing the cover off the ball. When is the last time he turned on an inside fastball and hit it 20 rows deep in the right field seats?

    They are pitching him inside all the time, it's time to turn on one Joey.

  6. #5
    Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,496

    Re: Gave up...

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Mr. $20,000,000+ a year man is not exactly tearing the cover off the ball. When is the last time he turned on an inside fastball and hit it 20 rows deep in the right field seats?

    They are pitching him inside all the time, it's time to turn on one Joey.
    It's not that easy brotha....That's why your at home watching the Reds and he is at the ballpark playing for the Reds!!!!!! he is doing just fine.


  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cuyahoga Falls Ohio
    Posts
    769

    Re: Gave up...

    They haven't given up.....they just suck that bad which is almost worse

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridgetown
    Posts
    1,511

    Re: Gave up...

    Quote Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
    Mr. $20,000,000+ a year man is not exactly tearing the cover off the ball. When is the last time he turned on an inside fastball and hit it 20 rows deep in the right field seats?

    They are pitching him inside all the time, it's time to turn on one Joey.
    its not like he ever did this that much.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    356

    Re: Gave up...

    Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    It's not that easy brotha....That's why your at home watching the Reds and he is at the ballpark playing for the Reds!!!!!! he is doing just fine.

    No, not easy at all.
    Carlos Beltran did it twice this series. Pretty common for elite hitters to pull one out of the yard every now and then. Don't ya think?
    I think he's on pace to hit about 12 hr's this year.
    Last edited by Falcon7; 04-19-2012 at 08:31 PM.

  10. #9
    Member joshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,086

    Re: Gave up...

    Joey is a slow starter. He's a player that 29 other teams would kill to have. And he's never going to win a home run derby, but he is going to make great contact, hit .300, OBP above .400, hit around 30 dingers drive in 100+ RBIs and play gold glove first base. If you to completely focus on the amount of home runs someone hits and completely disregard the rest of their game then go root for the Rangers and get out of here.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    356

    Re: Gave up...

    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Joey is a slow starter. He's a player that 29 other teams would kill to have. And he's never going to win a home run derby, but he is going to make great contact, hit .300, OBP above .400, hit around 30 dingers drive in 100+ RBIs and play gold glove first base. If you to completely focus on the amount of home runs someone hits and completely disregard the rest of their game then go root for the Rangers and get out of here.
    Just expressing my opinion, is that ok with you?


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25