Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds scouting Highly Questionable!!

Reds scouting Highly Questionable!!

Willy Taveras, Darnell McDonald, Fred Lewis, Will Bloomquiet, Danny Ray Herrea, are you kidding me???!! Don't forget about the players that single handly kill us every time and time again...I think Lance Berkman can roll out of the bed at age 60 and hit Reds pitching.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Re: Reds scouting Highly Questionable!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaySongz View Post
    Willy Taveras, Darnell McDonald, Fred Lewis, Will Bloomquiet, Danny Ray Herrea, are you kidding me???!! Don't forget about the players that single handly kill us every time and time again...I think Lance Berkman can roll out of the bed at age 60 and hit Reds pitching.
    Joey Votto,Jay Bruce,Johnny Cueto,Drew Stubbs,Devin Mesaroco.

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Quote Originally Posted by AintlifeGrande View Post
    Joey Votto,Jay Bruce,Johnny Cueto,Drew Stubbs,Devin Mesaroco.
    Chapman, Grandal, Alonso, Leake, Cozart, Ondrusek, C.J. Nitkowski....oops, wrong list.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

One thing I will say that Shay has right. The Reds haven't produced an abundance of guys who have blossomed elsewhere. You could kind of say Josh Hamilton (who didn't come up through the Reds system), but that's about it. There aren't really any former Reds draft picks lighting it up elsewhere. The best Reds draft pick on another team is currently Dunn, who recently had one of the worst seasons imaginable.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    One thing I will say that Shay has right. The Reds haven't produced an abundance of guys who have blossomed elsewhere. You could kind of say Josh Hamilton (who didn't come up through the Reds system), but that's about it. There aren't really any former Reds draft picks lighting it up elsewhere. The best Reds draft pick on another team is currently Dunn, who recently had one of the worst seasons imaginable.
    Shouldn't the idea be to keep your best draft picks, not develop them to be great somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Wouldn't that be because the Reds have kept their best prospects and some are now playing well at the ML level?

I could be way off base, but it seems to me the Reds have drafted some decent talent. Most analysts said the Reds gave up way too much in the Latos deal. It has to follow then, the Reds had drafted a lot of talent to give up.

Turn Off Ads?