Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 4-20-2012 Reds vs Cubs

Cruisin' for trouble

Re: 4-20-2012 Reds vs Cubs

I think Homer thinks his fastball is better than Chapman's.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    what happened?
    Castro crushed a ball that looked like it was going to be gone, Heisey was camped by the wall and it looked like he wasn't expecting the ball to come down. Ball came right to him and he tried to basket catch it and dropped it. It was ruled an error.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    what happened?
    Ball that should have landed on the street got knocked down by the wind and Heisey was standing at the wall waiting on it and just dropped it.

NL Central champs

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds View Post
    When he is locked in, he looks fine. He's hitting the catchers glove when he tries to pitch and not just throw as hard as he can. When he loses concentration...

And now it's 4-2 as the Cubs capitalize.
    Sounds like a classic Homer Bailey start for you, he can be really frustrating.

Heisey is not a good defensive outfielder, despite his diving catch. He sometimes takes the wrong routes and his judgment of fly balls is suspect. That said, in lieu of a trade, what choice do you have?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

NL Central champs

FWIW, the Cards just put Berkman on the 15 day DL for his calf strain and activated Skip Schumaker from the DL.

The Cubs have been smoking the ball all over the place. Homer's lucky the wind is blowing in or his stat line would look a lot worse than this. He's got a great, live arm, but doesn't have much of a clue how to "pitch."

NL Central champs

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan View Post
    Heisey is not a good defensive outfielder, despite his diving catch. He sometimes takes the wrong routes and his judgment of fly balls is suspect. That said, in lieu of a trade, what choice do you have?
    I don't get the games on TV, I listen on the radio. How does Ludwick look out there in the outfield? better or worse than Heisey? better than guys like Gomes and Dunn, right?

I get that the Castro ball was hit hard, but the defense for the Reds has be uncharacteristically sloppy.

I don't get the Homer frustration today... It's nit picking IMO. In the 1st he broke 2 bats and had a K and pitched around an error. In the 2nd, he sat the Cubs down quickly. Now an error leads to Cubs runs. He hasn't be Halladay, but his teammates gloves haven't exactly been up to par.

I'd say both Heisey and Ludwick are much better than what we have seen in LF in recent years. I think Heisey is a pretty good LF. I'd say Ludwick is average. Which is an upgrade.

Da' King is in chat!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I haven't seen enough of Ludwick to know. I would say beter than Gomes and Dunn, but not much better than Heisey. I like Ludwick's bat, though.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Stubbs! Man he can hit when he goes the other way.

Stubbs with a very nice 2 run double to right field. He's really coming around with his swing.

Something happened, and the Cowboy got all flustered. You'd think he would have improved his play-by-play by now...but he hasn't.

Turn Off Ads?