Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 4-20-2012 Reds vs Cubs

Cruisin' for trouble

Re: 4-20-2012 Reds vs Cubs

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Just tuned in. Looks like Homer's line is 3 innings, none earned. Is he responsible for errors too?
    That's where stats are not going to tell the story. Homer had two outs and was sitting at 0-2 on DeJesus. He then proceeded to try to blow him away with his "gas", got to 3-2 and offered up a marshmallow to DeJesus who turned it into a single. Homer doesn't do that, the rest of the inning doesn't happen.

He may not have been charged with the runs, but he had a hand in earning them.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I think he may have got a strawberry on that slide. He slid right on his knee.
    Are you saying that he Stubbed his knee?

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    Haha. Yes!

I tend to overreact when Homer Bailey's on the mound. Good and bad. It's a bad habit I'm trying to fix, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Another way to look at this is that the pitcher is aware that the wind will keep the ball in play so you are free to attack the plate, get the ball over, and trust the defense to make plays if the ball is hit.
    I agree... If I were pitching today, I would be throwing up in the zone and daring guys to hit it. Homer gets griped about for nibbling... That last inning lasted about 8 pitches. The 2nd inning was 8-10 pitches and the 1st inning would have been 10-12 pitches without the error. He looks like he's pitching to the conditions and telling the Cubs to take their hacks.

Volstad at 90 pitches.
    Homer at 60.

Man, it looks to like Homer can't win sometimes... If Leake were pitching today, people would be lauding him for pitching to the conditions. The guy has been pretty solid today IMO... Some very quick pitch efficient innings today.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    No. Heisey misplayed a ball to the wall in LF. If the wind wasn't blowing in though it would have been a homer IMO.
    Thanks. Just wondered how much Homer was actually responsible and how much was the usual criticism of Homer RZ stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds View Post
    That's where stats are not going to tell the story. Homer had two outs and was sitting at 0-2 on DeJesus. He then proceeded to try to blow him away with his "gas", got to 3-2 and offered up a marshmallow to DeJesus who turned it into a single. Homer doesn't do that, the rest of the inning doesn't happen.

He may not have been charged with the runs, but he had a hand in earning them.
    Don't really agree. If someone like Votto were at the plate, we'd be talking about what a great AB it was, battling back like that, getting a two out hit.

I guess it boils down to point of view. Is is the pitcher's fault or the skill of the batter?
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Cruisin' for trouble

Quote Originally Posted by MikeS21 View Post
    Don't really agree. If someone like Votto were at the plate, we'd be talking about what a great AB it was, battling back like that, getting a two out hit.

I guess it boils down to point of view. Is is the pitcher's fault or the skill of the batter?
    You didn't see the pitches. It was obvious Homer was overthrowing.

Interpret what you want, everyone has an agenda. The following pitch to Castro was as fat a curve as Starlin will ever see.

Even with the run allowed that inning, Homer only threw 11 pitches. He's at 71 through 5, with 48 of them for strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds View Post
    Interpret what you want, everyone has an agenda.
    Agenda call out? Really?

Ah crap. I have to buy a lottery ticket now.

Guy on the field?

Turn Off Ads?