Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Yankees Lineup?

Yankees Lineup?

Everyone knows they overspend on everything but watching their game with the Red Sox I wondered how many times a current Yankee has had a 100+ RBI season.....

39....and Nick Swisher never has

Most are past their prime but man that's a huge number.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Yankees Lineup?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Everyone knows they overspend on everything but watching their game with the Red Sox I wondered how many times a current Yankee has had a 100+ RBI season.....

39....and Nick Swisher never has

Most are past their prime but man that's a huge number.
    Well, I want to know how many times they did it as a Yankee.

That left handed hitter Ibanez would look good in the Red's lineup. And the Yankees got him cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Well, I want to know how many times they did it as a Yankee.
    I'll go with 12

Arod had a couple more than I thought.

Swisher has 20 already....6 today as does Teixeira

That Yankee team was down 9-0 and came all the way back..Thats why they are so good. They work pitchers to death to get into the bullpen and they never consider themselves out of it..I'm sorry but if the Reds were down tomm afternoon 9-0 I'd bet the farm they can't come back. The mentality of teams like Texas, New York, Tampa Bay, and even the Cards just seems so different.

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    That Yankee team was down 9-0 and came all the way back..Thats why they are so good. They work pitchers to death to get into the bullpen and they never consider themselves out of it..I'm sorry but if the Reds were down tomm afternoon 9-0 I'd bet the farm they can't come back. The mentality of teams like Texas, New York, Tampa Bay, and even the Cards just seems so different.

Yep. As soon as the Reds are down a couple runs, they swing at any and everything, letting the opposing starter go late into games. Not a winning strategy.

or there just better? lol. i mean of course they try. other teams are just better.

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    I'm sorry but if the Reds were down tomm afternoon 9-0 I'd bet the farm they can't come back.
    well id bet the farm no team comes back from 9-0 in the 9th.

It's like they have some crazy idea that they should take pitches to get on base and then not strike out with runners in scoring position. These big market strategies make my head hurt if I think about them too much.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    It's like they have some crazy idea that they should take pitches to get on base and then not strike out with runners in scoring position. These big market strategies make my head hurt if I think about them too much.
    Pretty wild concept, huh?

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Ladies and gentlemen, Nick Swisher!

Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Turn Off Ads?