Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Prediction: Kevin Youkilis will be the Reds next 3B

Re: Prediction: Kevin Youkilis will be the Reds next 3B

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    Headley has the OBP that this lineup needs, and getting him out of petco would help his power numbers tremendously. IMO however I think the Reds brass is going to hold out hope that Rolen comes back healthy and will be able to hit in this lineup. I see the Reds possibly upgrading LF and getting a LH bat but the 3rd base situation will likely have to wait until the offseason.
    Agreed. I don't think there's any chance of them brining in a definite starting 3B so long as there's a real chance of Rolen coming back healthy. That said, there's a reasonable chance Rolen is cooked and basically tells the team he's willing to be a backup for the rest of the season if they have something else they can make happen.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    mth, the only problem is I don;t think 3rd is a huge hole. It's a bit of a problem but with Frazier it's not a problem really. Headley would be a definite upgrade but it's not like Frazier is a black hole and third is the Reds achilles heel. Frazier could, of course, shift to left, but his bat is much less attractive there. Not a leadoff hitter, not a true cleanup slugger so Frazier in left doesn't solve anything. You have upgraded a spot and strengthened the bench with that trade but made left just as weak as it was and still don't have a true leadoff or cleanup hitter. That's about my only problem with acquiring Headley. He upgrades what the Reds already have but doesn't solve what they really need.
    Disagree. Frazier is a poor defender at 3B and doesn't get on base enough against RH to be the every day solution. He'll hit the occassional HR and had a good game that bumped his slugging for now, but I don't see him being a guy to have in the line-up against RHP. They are already somewhat stuck with low OBP, medium power RH up the middle with Phillips, Stubbs and Cozart. Other positions need something different and that isn't Frazier IMO.
    Last edited by mth123; 06-02-2012 at 01:06 PM.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by DGullett35 View Post
    Headley has the OBP that this lineup needs, and getting him out of petco would help his power numbers tremendously. IMO however I think the Reds brass is going to hold out hope that Rolen comes back healthy and will be able to hit in this lineup. I see the Reds possibly upgrading LF and getting a LH bat but the 3rd base situation will likely have to wait until the offseason.
    At this point, I'm afraid I have more of a chance of playing a healthy thirdbase for the Reds than Rolen does. Scotty's the poster child for gamers, but I'm beginning to believe he's toast The Reds certainly shouldn't be operating under the assumption that they'll get much that is meaningful from him again. Of course, they should have been working from the same assumption before they signed him to an extension, but I digress.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 06-02-2012 at 12:26 PM.

To the White Sox for Zach Stewart.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    To the White Sox for Zach Stewart.
    What aging 3B is he going to be traded for next? Adrian Beltre in 3 years?

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Youkilis was traded to the White Sox in exchange for pitching prospect Zach Stewart and utility player Brent Lillibridge, according to a White Sox official familiar with the deal. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on the condition of anonymity because the trade has not been announced.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    What aging 3B is he going to be traded for next? Adrian Beltre in 3 years?
    He is a well traveled man is he not?

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    He is a well traveled man is he not?
    And still searching for that elusive first Cy Young Award.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Youk Changing Sox

Traded to the White Sox for Zach Stewart of all people.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...1#.T-ePrhdfHCd
    Go BLUE!!!

I think the Sox won this deal.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I think the Sox won this deal.
    Obviously
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Obviously
    What? You expect me to name colors now?

In all seriousness, I think the Red Sox probably sold too low, I don't believe Youkilis is done at 33, but time will tell on that. Mostly I just HATE that he isn't a Red Sox anymore, it feels wrong.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I still think there may be a decent chance of Youkilis being the Reds' next 3B...if he is a cheaper alternative to signing a mashing LF this offseason.

He could be the seasoned veteran with playoff experience that replaces Rolen and Cairo on the roster.

Of course, we'll see how Frazier and Henry Rodriguez perform the rest of this season, and we'll see how much of a hometown discount (in both money and potentially playing time) Youk is willing to take.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I still think there may be a decent chance of Youkilis being the Reds' next 3B...if he is a cheaper alternative to signing a mashing LF this offseason.

He could be the seasoned veteran with playoff experience that replaces Rolen and Cairo on the roster.

Of course, we'll see how Frazier and Henry Rodriguez perform the rest of this season, and we'll see how much of a hometown discount (in both money and potentially playing time) Youk is willing to take.
    That's exactly what I am thinking.

Turn Off Ads?