Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: 4/22/12 - Reds at Cubs

Re: 4/22/12 - Reds at Cubs

Man, that was one ugly baseball game. Lots of taking, then not much happening when guys finally did swing.

I don't often give an atta boy to an ump, but Gary Darling called a very consistent plate. The ring up of Stubbs was bad, but he was on it today.

Cueto is a pitcher. He can locate his pitches, can work both sides of the plate, works the corners, can go for the strikeout when the situation dictates, movement, changes speeds. This is a continuation of how he pitched last season, while I know folks are attributing numbers last year to randomness with a correction coming this year, I'm starting to think that Cueto is a good pitcher more than just the beneficiary of good fortune last season.

There must be some evil spirits in Wrigley, because we played like the Cubs the last two days. Glad we grabbed one of them and salvaged this ugly roadtrip by taking 3 of the last 4.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Still, it took Cueto, Ondrusek, Chapman and Marshall to beat the Cubs by one run and win the series 2-1. Fine, but Reds still have some work to do.
    Agree with the second sentence. The first seems a bit silly.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Agree. No such thing as a bad win. And the pitching was good. Nine innings of 6-hit, 2-earned run ball With 11 K's. Pretty darn good. The offense is a different matter. Soft tosser Maholm and Bell seemed to want to walk tough hitters because they knew the rest of the lineup is not going to be a threat. With Ludwick and Rolen on the Interstate, Bruce in the .230's and a bench that is simply horrible, runs are still hard to come by. They still need that big bat, but we've been saying that for how many years?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Since Castro clearly isn't a shortstop, let's take that bat and put him at 3B, I say only half jokingly. I can't see him being any part of a successful Cubs rebuild as SS, they're going to have to move him to another position. His D is putrid.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Since Castro clearly isn't a shortstop, let's take that bat and put him at 3B, I say only half jokingly. I can't see him being any part of a successful Cubs rebuild as SS, they're going to have to move him to another position. His D is putrid.
    Agree they need to move him. He looks like he has more trouble with Ground Balls than should be acceptable at 2B or 3B either IMO. I'm guessing he's the long term CF in Chicago.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Not silly at all. Reds should have won today by ten runs. They blew all kinds of chances because they aren't hitting.

It took Cueto and their best relievers to pull out a one-run win against the Cubs. I'll take it, but it wasn't a powerhouse performance.

Reds must of caught a late night viewing of Moneyball on Starz last night. Working the count.

I look for a nice winning streak when the Reds start hitting and they will hit.

Turn Off Ads?