Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saturday April 21st Minor League updates

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Saturday April 21st Minor League updates

Louisville is about to get things underway. Jeff Francis is on the mound. Here is the line up:

Daryl Jones RF
    Kristopher Negron CF
    Denis Phipps LF
    Neftali Soto 1B
    Chris Valaika 2B
    Mike Costanzo 3B
    Paul Janish SS
    Corky Miller C
    Jeff Francis P

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Saturday April 21st Minor League updates

Jeff Francis sits them down 1-2-3 in the first for the Bats with a strikeout mixed in.

Francis gives up two in the 3rd.

Louisville is down 7-0 in the middle of the 7th. Probably not going to pull this one out.

Corky Miller prepping for the day he will manage Slidin' Billy. He draws a leadoff walk, steals second and then scores on two groundouts. 7-1.

Dayton is just underway. You can watch it online here: http://www.whiotv.com/s/weather/7weathernow/

Dayton line up
    Theo Bowe DH
    Juan Perez SS
    Ryan Wright 2B
    Robert Maddox 1B
    Juan Silva LF
    Yovan Gonzalez C
    Kyle Waldrop RF
    Junior Arias 3B
    Jefry Sierra CF

Theo Bowe led off with a single. He moved to second on a ball to left by Perez (not sure if it was scored a hit or error). A sac bunt was pulled back and the ball was in the dirt and Bowe took off to third. The catcher tried to throw him out and tossed it into left. 1-0 Dragons. Robert Maddox pulls one through the infield and brings in another one. 2-0.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Theo Bowe led off with a single. He moved to second on a ball to left by Perez (not sure if it was scored a hit or error). A sac bunt was pulled back and the ball was in the dirt and Bowe took off to third. The catcher tried to throw him out and tossed it into left. 1-0 Dragons. Robert Maddox pulls one through the infield and brings in another one. 2-0.
    What's the story on Maddox? He's had some decent power numbers so far, but he's old for such low levels and I always take Billings numbers with a grain of salt. Is he a legit LH power prospect and is he limited to 1B? His numbers look good.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

While I have only seen a handful of his at bats, the power is legit, but his discipline is very poor by looking at the numbers. He is probably limited to first. He was an outfielder in the past and has been moved to first. Doubtful that they make that move if he was able to stick in the outfield.

Attachment 6063
    I'm here! Trying to keep warm.
    Last edited by KittyDuran; 04-07-2013 at 06:34 PM.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

While I have only seen a handful of his at bats, the power is legit, but his discipline is very poor by looking at the numbers. He is probably limited to first. He was an outfielder in the past and has been moved to first. Doubtful that they make that move if he was able to stick in the outfield.
    Thanks.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran View Post
    Attachment 6063

I'm here! Trying to keep warm.
    Good luck! It is not warm out there.

Here is the Pensacola Blue Wahoos lineup, with Curtis Partch on the mound.

Ryan LaMarre CF
    Yordanys Perez DH
    Henry Rodriguez 3B
    Joel Guzman 1B
    Brodie Greene 2B
    Josh Fellhauer RF
    P.J. Phillips LF
    Brian Peacock C
    Miguel Rojas SS

Dayton puts another one on the board on an error on the catcher/left fielder. A single and a throw home to get the runner was easily there by 5-10 feet, but the catcher let the ball get by him and the run scored. Dayton up 3-0.

Pensacola gets on the board with a LaMarre single, Perez sac bunt and Joel Guzman RBI single.

Turn Off Ads?