Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Logan Ondrusek Thread

Cruisin' for trouble

Re: Logan Ondrusek Thread

I remember when princeton was around. He was a huge advocate in having a hammer closer. Really would have enjoyed his input here.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Paging JJ Hoover, paging JJ Hoover.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Ondrusek continues to get worse and worse. A few of my fellow RedsZoners called it months ago. Said he was horrible and his stats were a mirage.

Yep, pretty much. He's been dreadful lately. Amazing that Hoover is not on this team. He's been almost unhittable in Triple-A (and was good in his brief stint with the Reds). Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Unacceptable. One million years dungeon.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Make it stop...please.

Hoover yesterday please. And get Simon out of the mop up role.

I blame the whole posting in the third person jinx.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    Hoover yesterday please. And get Simon out of the mop up role.
    Bringing up Hoover and sending down Ondrusek might just send a message to this team, and stress a since of urgency.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Ondrusek had a terrible second half last season. He might just not have the stamina to pitch a whole season.

Why does Dusty keep forcing Ondrusek into high leverage innings? He belongs in AAA anyway but to use him in a high leverage situation is ridiculous.

Square peg, round hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    Ondrusek continues to get worse and worse. A few of my fellow RedsZoners called it months ago. Said he was horrible and his stats were a mirage.

Yep, pretty much. He's been dreadful lately. Amazing that Hoover is not on this team. He's been almost unhittable in Triple-A (and was good in his brief stint with the Reds). Dumb, dumb, dumb.
    The thing is, the argument was that his BABIP was unsustainable and he would start to give up more hits, and thus more runs. But his BABIP has stayed the same, he's just walking more guys and giving up more home runs. So his critics were correct, but for the wrong reason.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Bringing up Hoover and sending down Ondrusek might just send a message to this team, and stress a since of urgency.
    Send Valdez and Cairo along with him.
    "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

Ondrusek is probably going to be eligible for arbitration following the season. Anyone looking forward to the big raise he's going to get?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    The thing is, the argument was that his BABIP was unsustainable and he would start to give up more hits, and thus more runs. But his BABIP has stayed the same, he's just walking more guys and giving up more home runs. So his critics were correct, but for the wrong reason.
    No. No. No.

The argument was that he doesn't K anyone, and that he walks way too many. Meaning, he really doesn't have any true skills (relatively speaking). He has relied on an extremely lucky BABIP, and a HR/FB rate that was unsustainable. Not all that shocking to see him give up a decisive home run tonight. Only problem is he didn't have Stubbs to bail him out like he did in Houston.

The argument is that he doesn't have true skills. His critics were not correct "for the wrong reason". I'll say the same exact things about Logan than I would if he would have gotten Soriano to ground into a double play. He has zero elite skills. He's a below average reliever. He's below a replacement level reliever.

Logan is so bad, that his luck STILL hasn't truly regressed to the mean on his BABIP, and he's still found a way to blow recent games to the two worst teams in the NL. He's a AAA arm. I don't mean to harp on Logan, I really don't. He is who is he. The manager that keeps putting him in these ridiculous situations is the man to blame. Taking out your 2nd best reliever for your 2nd worst is completely and 100% unacceptable. Don't gimme the lefty vs. righty crap. It's unacceptable. I said it well before this happened that this needed to stop. I was mocked and ridiculed. Now, the blood is on your hands Dusty.

Oh, and I gave up on the game thread we had from last week where you were trying to make the case that Ondrusek could control his BABIP because I was out of town this weekend, but if you could show your work on that one, that would be great.

Blame Dusty. He has the best bullpen in the business and he continues to put Logan out there. Great God, the man has no judgment. As this point, I have no idea. To understand Baker is to be insane.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Turn Off Ads?