Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Mustang

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

2015 Mustang

Anyone getting one or already have one. I'm thinking of getting one. I currently drive an '05 GT, but am in the market for a new one. Interested in opinions, I am a HUGE Mustang guy!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Johnny Cueto Fan

Re: 2015 Mustang

I was tempted but I went ahead and got a 2011 CTS. I wanna wait a couple years to see how they perform and see how they feel.

They look great though.

I don't know how old you are - I'll assume my brother and I are much older (late 50s)(LOL)..... but we loved the era (late 60s/70s) of the Muscle cars. Especially when it came to Fords and Chryslers. My brother had a 1969 Mustang Boss 429 (pretty much like the one below)

I was just at the local body shop yesterday (got hit by a deer), and they had a restored 1967 Shelby GT there that someone brought in (somehow the passenger side window got knocked out). Sharp vehicle.

I was more of a Chrysler guy (loved the Challenger back in it's day). I'm really glad to see Ford and Chrysler bring back some of those Muscle car models (though I can't afford one)
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I can't afford a new 'Stang either but I love my 98.
    99% of all numbers only tell 33% of the story so when looking at the numbers remember that numbers is plural...

I test drove 2 of them today, a V6 model and the EcoboostI4. Both are pretty nice cars. I think I will end up going with the Ecoboost car, just more options on it.

7. Likes:

RedlegJake (10-13-2014)

The first car I ever had was a used 1968 Mustang my dad bought in 1971. 289 V-8, auto--no power steering, no power brakes, no power windows, no A/C, vinyl seats that were too hot in summer and too cold in winter.....man I miss that car and wish I still had it!
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

9. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-15-2014),redhawkfish (10-14-2014),RedlegJake (10-21-2014)

I had that same car in 1982 and 1983. Heat had to be warmed up for 20 minutes in the winter!
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

11. Likes:

dubc47834 (10-15-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    I can't afford a new 'Stang either but I love my 98.
    My 2nd Mustang was a 98 GT. That was the car that got me hooked on Mustangs. I have one ever since. Right now I own a 2005 GT and thought about trading it in on a new one. I just cant bring myself to do it! It's probly my favorite car EVER!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redhawkfish View Post
    I had that same car in 1982 and 1983. Heat had to be warmed up for 20 minutes in the winter!
    That's the least of your problems in the winter. How do you keep the wheels on the pavement when there's a little snow on the ground? I once had a Mustang and it was loads of fun on nice days but I quickly realized it was not a 12 month car in Ohio

14. Likes:

redhawkfish (10-15-2014)

Back in the 1970s I ran studded snow tires on my '68 Mustang and made it thru snow without problems, but I was a lot younger and somewhat dumber then.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That's the least of your problems in the winter. How do you keep the wheels on the pavement when there's a little snow on the ground? I once had a Mustang and it was loads of fun on nice days but I quickly realized it was not a 12 month car in Ohio
    Lol! I only slid off the road twice the winter I had it. I turned left in front of a Buick Electra and totaled it. My next car was a Ford Granada!
    "Why are those Dodger pitchers in the Reds bullpen?"-GAC August 28, 2009

I'm a mustang guy too, but until they can make em look like a muscle car again I'm out. Love the 68-70 models.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I'm a mustang guy too, but until they can make em look like a muscle car again I'm out. Love the 68-70 models.
    I think these cars look mean as hell! To me it's a natural evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    Why not just buy an old one (unless you need it for a daily driver). I never understand why so many people are buying these "new" muscle cars for a weekend driver, when for the same price they can buy an actual restored muscle car, and not have to worry about extreme depreciation (obviously financing a new one is easier, but you can get classic car loans).

Then again, I'm a huge classic car nut, so I guess I'm biased.

20. Likes:

westofyou (11-07-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by bengalsown View Post
    Why not just buy an old one (unless you need it for a daily driver). I never understand why so many people are buying these "new" muscle cars for a weekend driver, when for the same price they can buy an actual restored muscle car, and not have to worry about extreme depreciation (obviously financing a new one is easier, but you can get classic car loans).

Then again, I'm a huge classic car nut, so I guess I'm biased.
    The used car dealer we bought my wife's car from has a 1965 GTO on the lot. If I had the money, I'd rather spend my money on that than on a newer muscle car.

http://donsitts.com/mobile/details.c...chvkid=1849831
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?