Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Anyone want to talk stocks and retirement?

Re: Anyone want to talk stocks and retirement?

Thought I'd bump this thread. We discussed OHI in this thread several times. They raised their dividend again today for the 7th straight quarter. As Chico Escualla would say "OHI has been berry berry good to me". It closed at 34.76 today.

Here would be my Dividend Growth Pick for today. BCE - Formerly Bell Canada. 5% Dividend and you get to say you are part owner of the Raptors, Maple Leafs and Canadiens. Must be held in an IRA to avoid Canadian Withholding.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 04-22-2014 at 12:26 AM.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Anyone want to talk stocks and retirement?

For people thinking about stocks for the first time I ran across an interesting new brokerage service. Loyal3 https://www.loyal3.com/

To say they are different is an understatement. First there are no commissions. Second, you can only buy about 63 stocks. There are some very well known names in the 63. Third, when you buy you buy the entire amount. So if you invest $10 in a $4 stock you get 2.5 shares.

They don't execute transactions like other sites also. They bundle transactions... So if you buy $25 worth Coca-Cola, they wait till a lot of people want Coke and buy it all at once. They don't do DRIP (Dividend Reinvestment) but in a way they don't need to, as soon as you have $10 in cash you can buy fractional shares of any company.

I have not tried this..... But seems like a good way to test the waters.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Turn Off Ads?