Johnson Doephis ‏ @RedTardation

JJ Hoover is being called up. #reds

Retweeted by Lance McAlister
    No corresponding move noted.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hoover recalled?

Bray?

Was just discussing yesterday that I thought Hoover or Judy would be called up soon.

I assume Bray is headed to L'ville or possibly the DL?

Tweeted by Bats beat writer @kevingeary10
    Interesting tidbit from tonight: After the game, David Bell hinted that the #Reds may have JJ Hoover as the plan for closer.
    Also tweeted

"He has alot of life and deception on his fastball. He has closer stuff." David Bell on JJ Hoover. #Reds
    and

"He's got amazing stuff. It gets on you quick." #Bats catcher Dioner Navarro on JJ Hoover. #Reds

My guess is Bray. The guy's slider is trashed, so far as I can tell. I'll also guess arm problems.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    My guess is Bray. The guy's slider is trashed, so far as I can tell. I'll also guess arm problems.
    If Bray goes down for an extended period of time, it's going to be even harder to pry Aroldis out of the bullpen. He becomes the only non-closer lefty. Scary. I wonder if Francis is available to go to the bullpen.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

I had a feeling Hoover would get the call soon. He has put up some good numbers in Louisville

9IP, 17K, 6BB, 3H, ERA of 2.00 and a WHIP of 1.00

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    If Bray goes down for an extended period of time, it's going to be even harder to pry Aroldis out of the bullpen. He becomes the only non-closer lefty. Scary. I wonder if Francis is available to go to the bullpen.
    Yes, but I still like the idea of moving Chapman into the rotation later in the year so innings don't become an issue. I can see a July transition so his arm is fresh for a stretch run and hopefully a playoff run.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    So you are suggesting the following bullpen.

Jeff Francis, Sam Lecure, Simon and Hoover taking the Reds to the late innings. Then there is Arredondo, Ondrusek and Marshall. And no Chapman.

Good luck with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

Jeff Francis, Sam Lecure, Simon and Hoover taking the Reds to the late innings. Then there is Arredondo, Ondrusek and Marshall. And no Chapman.

Good luck with that.
    Literally sent a shiver up my spine.

Will Hoover be used in a mop up role at first? He appears to be an upright guy who can't be bagged on, very charismatic- pulls you right in. Could be whirlwind day for him.
    Last edited by klw; 04-24-2012 at 11:01 AM.

Fay notes the Twitter activity
    http://cincinnati.com/blogs/reds/201...ing-called-up/

Twitter was buzzing this morning with congratulations to J.J. Hoover on his call-up to the Reds, including one from his coach at Calhoun (Ala.) Community College. No word from the Reds on the move.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post

Good luck with that.
    Massett should be back before too long (mid-May, maybe). Replace Simon with him, and yes, that's pretty close.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Will Hoover be used in a mop up role at first? He appears to be an upright guy who can't be bagged on, very charismatic- pulls you right in. Could be whirlwind day for him.

Or will he send Reds fans into a Depression?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    So, in other words, he sucks?

Turn Off Ads?