Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The use of the DL

The use of the DL

I don't know if it's not that I don't fully understand how the DL works or the penalties for using it or such, but it appears to me that the Reds seem to avoid using it at all cost unless pushed off a ledge so to speak. I now players don't like it as they all think they can play through pain and perform, so that is why you need managers and GM to take that issue out of their hands. At this point there was no question Madsen had to go on the DL due to having TJ surgery. And Massett can't throw so he is a no brainer and Cairo is old and can't run with the bad leg so he goes. But when you get fringe players like Brandon and I guess Bray the Reds seem to well...screw it up.

I would "hope" that our mag't team would have enough faith in our minor league players that if needed for a short term could come up and produce. In Brandon's case there is no one in the system who can match him when he is at 100%, but I have to believe that Chris V or Janish could match up to Brandon when he is only at 50-60% which is where he is right now. As for Bray..I am shocked he came north especially when Dusty even said he wasn't ready.

I look at the Cards, who had no issue putting a major player on the DL already in Berkman nowing a 15-20 games loss now will be made up big time when he returns and is 100% over playing the entire season at less then that.

It is really sad when your franchise has some incredible talent to compete but is hampered at times by mag't inability to do what is best for the franchise over the player.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The use of the DL

didnt read that all but i think they rather sit a player for example 5 days instead of putting them on 15 day dl

Re: The use of the DL

It hurts walk up attendance, that is the only thing I can think of.

The did it with JR all the time. labeled him day-to-day so not to hurt attendance. Instead of shutting him down at the start the would try to come back a few days latter and sometimes completely blow out what was hurting him

Turn Off Ads?