Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: 4/24/12 - Reds vs Giants

Re: 4/24/12 - Reds vs Giants

I guess that Hanigan just picked up about 30-32 more starts this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Updated Reds HR list (players in italics are active):

Reds 100-Home Run Club
    1. Johnny Bench - 389
    2. Frank Robinson - 324
    3. Tony Perez - 287
    4. Adam Dunn - 270
    5. Ted Kluszewski - 251
    6. George Foster - 244
    7. Ken Griffey, Jr. - 210
    8. Eric Davis - 203
    9. Barry Larkin - 198
    10. Vada Pinson - 186
    11. Wally Post - 172
    12. Gus Bell - 160
    13. Joe Morgan - 152
    13. Pete Rose - 152
    15. Lee May - 147
    16. Dan Driessen - 133
    17. Brandon Phillips - 126
    18. Reggie Sanders - 125
    19. Ernie Lombardi - 120
    19. Joey Votto - 120
    21. Sean Casey - 118
    22. Frank McCormick - 110
    23. Dave Parker - 107
    24. Chris Sabo - 104
    25. Jay Bruce - 103
    26. Dave Concepcion - 101
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Maybe they can get coach Cal to stay for the homestand!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Not sure I agree. When a batter gets plunked square on the hip like Votto was, there is usually some intent or message.
    It could have been I just didn't really see a motive or a guy that really seemed to have much command. He walked the next guy on 4 pitches with the bases loaded.

Wonder if they are aggravating Dallas tonight? Good performance by Latos.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

We're good again!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Reds now 8-9 and looking better. Time to go after the third in a row.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

When a batter gets plunked square on the hip like Votto was, there is usually some intent or message.
    There was definitely something going on between Votto and Cain. Otero is a control guy -- pretty sure he hit Votto on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    There was definitely something going on between Votto and Cain. Otero is a control guy -- pretty sure he hit Votto on purpose.
    Even if he didn't intentionally hit Votto, there was the appearance that he may have done it on purpose. In that case, the Reds' pitching staff has to lay down the law that throwing at Votto (or any of the other front-line offensive players) will not be tolerated. Deputy Sam took care of it in exactly the right way--he retaliated immediately, and with a purpose pitch that was nonlethal. You can bet that the other players in the Reds clubhouse appreciate what he did, and know that LeCure has their back if things get hairy out there.

Also, when Votto was hit, Posey was on his feet very quickly. This is often an indicator that it may have been intentional.

When a pitcher throws at a batter or throws a purpose pitch, the catcher knows it's coming, and will react quickly to get on his feet to intercept the batter if things escalate. When a pitcher hits a batter accidentally, the catcher is also caught by surprise, and will not react as quickly.

Just wanted to add that the kid who snagged the foul ball in the 9th is one of my students. I paused the TV and took a pic to mess with him tomorrow. Good kid, and I thought it was pretty neat that Thom made a big deal over the grab.

Not having seen the game on TV, why was Votto a target?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Not having seen the game on TV, why was Votto a target?
    Kal, he'll be a target all year until Dusty moves him to cleanup or until Dusty finds a hitter to bat behind him for protection. Teams would rather walk him or hit him than face him with the impotent lineup (not tonight) we send out there. Tonight it was a message SF was sending and it backfired big time. They thought the message would leave the Reds quivering, but it fired them up.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Unfortunately I wasn't able to watch last night's game, but when I went to work yesterday morning I told some buddies that I wasn't counting on a win seeing who we were facing (Cain) and how well he had pitched so far this season. I just didn't see it. And when I got up this morning and went to the Red's site it was just to check to see how bad we got beat.

I just about fell out of my chair when I saw the 9-2 score.

It's good to wrong every once in awhile. LOL

Nice outing Mat, and good to see our bats starting to come alive. I had faith we'd start hitting like what is expected of us at some point - and it was good to see it against Cain.

And I also want to give kudos to Mr Drew Stubbs. He has been hitting the ball a lot better as of late. I've noticed a difference in his approach at the plate. Hope he can keep it up.
    Last edited by GAC; 04-25-2012 at 04:36 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

And icing on the cake - waking up to see the Cubbies came back & beat the Cards. Woohoo!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Turn Off Ads?