Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 90

Thread: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Destin, FL
    Posts
    64

    Re: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

    There's a reason why people call it cincitucky...and this just further proves it...we're in OHIO, not Kentucky..

    all it does is piss off the rest of the state, which guess what, as plenty of Reds fans as well..I somehow doubt they would honor Ohio State if they won a title

    It would be like Toledo honoring Michigan, which would never happen...it's the same concept

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #32
    Have Faith In Dusty DGullett35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    O-H-I-O
    Posts
    712

    Re: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

    I can see both sides to this argument but IMO I have no problem with it. Cincinnati is so close to KY that alot of Wildcat fans are also Reds fans. This was just a PR move by the Redlegs..No harm done.

  4. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

    Quote Originally Posted by osuredleg24 View Post
    There's a reason why people call it cincitucky...and this just further proves it...we're in OHIO, not Kentucky..

    all it does is piss off the rest of the state, which guess what, as plenty of Reds fans as well..I somehow doubt they would honor Ohio State if they won a title

    It would be like Toledo honoring Michigan, which would never happen...it's the same concept
    It's not the same concept at all. Michigan has their own professional sports franchises and always has. Kentucky doesn't. Most of the state of Kentucky has always been Reds country. I seriously doubt you could say the same thing for the state of Michigan. Southern Ohio is made up of many Kentuckians, and obviously many UK fans. The people you know and think of as Ohioans, are in many cases probably native Kentuckians and/or have parents/grandparents who are native Kentuckians.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  5. #34
    Firin Away Jr's Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,750

    Re: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

    Hey Coach Cal,Memphis wants their 38 wins back.

  6. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,735

    Re: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jr's Boy View Post
    Hey Coach Cal,Memphis wants their 38 wins back.
    Then blame Derrick Rose -- not Coach Cal.
    "I talked to an advance scout that told me if Joey Votto and Albert Pujols were on the same team he'd advise his team to do the unthinkable...pitch around Votto to get to Pujols." - Buster Olney, ESPN

  7. #36
    Firin Away Jr's Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,750

    Re: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

    Aw heck,Rose dont care.''One and done'' Coach Cal punched his ticket to the NBA.I miss Cal at Memphis,they are not the same team without him.

  8. #37
    Firin Away Jr's Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,750

    Re: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

    But the choice of Kentucky or Memphis is a no brainer.

  9. #38
    Moderator LexRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Posts
    557

    Re: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?



    Saw a TON of people at the stadium tonight in blue. I think it was mostly people who go to some games anyway and just chose tonight because of UK. I went..it was awesome.

    If you OSU fans don't like UK being honored...maybe ya shouldn't have choked away the game to Kansas and you could have had your shot.

  10. #39
    throws 106. NBD.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,191

    Re: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

    Fact, the Reds would've honored the following schools had they won the title:

    Ohio State
    Cincinnati
    Xavier
    Kentucky (obv)
    Lville
    Indiana
    Ohio U
    Dayton

    Did you know there are almost 11k UK alums living in the Greater Cincinnati area? Did you know Lexington is closer to Cincinnati than Columbus? Did you know there are 29 Reds radio affiliates in Kentucky and only 22 in Ohio? The Reds are not an Ohio team. They are a regional team that spreads into 4 states (OH, KY, IN, WV).

    Bottom line, if you were one of the people complaining about this you need to get a life. Seriously. This coming from an outside observer that is indifferent to every team listed above.
    Last edited by justincredible; 04-24-2012 at 11:57 PM.

  11. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    New Harmony IN
    Posts
    264

    Re: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

    I'm a Louisville fan and it didnt bother me. It was a gimick to sell tickets. Who cares.

    As for arguing with UK fans. Dont do it. Its like taking to the wall. They believe their program is above all programs (like Notre Dame fan or Yankee fan). They know the stuff with Cal. They said it and believed it when he was at Memphis. But they are extremely loyal to their coaches. Its the way it is. Its true what they say...the recycled stuff they say about Cal (he has no violations). But just use some common sense (which isnt to common anymore). Hes had 2 college jobs before UK. Both schools lost final 4 appearances. But yet he is not dirty? Ummm ok.

    Now, lets just all hope for a reds world series.

  12. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    341

    Re: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

    Quote Originally Posted by stevekun View Post
    I'm a Louisville fan and it didnt bother me. It was a gimick to sell tickets. Who cares.

    As for arguing with UK fans. Dont do it. Its like taking to the wall. They believe their program is above all programs (like Notre Dame fan or Yankee fan). They know the stuff with Cal. They said it and believed it when he was at Memphis. But they are extremely loyal to their coaches. Its the way it is. Its true what they say...the recycled stuff they say about Cal (he has no violations). But just use some common sense (which isnt to common anymore). Hes had 2 college jobs before UK. Both schools lost final 4 appearances. But yet he is not dirty? Ummm ok.

    Now, lets just all hope for a reds world series.
    I agree. And like I've always said, UK fans' passion comes down to a lack of hobbies. College basketball's "best" fans are in Lexington, Durham, Lawrence, Chapel Hill and Lansing. The school with the most titles and of whom recently went to 3 straight final 4's - UCLA, has a lack luster fan base because L.A. has plenty to offer.

    The most passionate NFL fans? Green Bay. I rest my case.

  13. #42
    Moderator LexRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Posts
    557

    Re: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

    Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    I agree. And like I've always said, UK fans' passion comes down to a lack of hobbies. College basketball's "best" fans are in Lexington, Durham, Lawrence, Chapel Hill and Lansing. The school with the most titles and of whom recently went to 3 straight final 4's - UCLA, has a lack luster fan base because L.A. has plenty to offer.

    The most passionate NFL fans? Green Bay. I rest my case.
    I'm a UK fan, but it's absolutely true. It's our version of entertainment and our connection.

    College football's "best" fans? Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

  14. #43
    Member joshua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    994

    Re: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

    Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Fact, the Reds would've honored the following schools had they won the title:

    Ohio State
    Cincinnati
    Xavier
    Kentucky (obv)
    Lville
    Indiana
    Ohio U
    Dayton

    Did you know there are almost 11k UK alums living in the Greater Cincinnati area? Did you know Lexington is closer to Cincinnati than Columbus? Did you know there are 29 Reds radio affiliates in Kentucky and only 22 in Ohio? The Reds are not an Ohio team. They are a regional team that spreads into 4 states (OH, KY, IN, WV).

    Bottom line, if you were one of the people complaining about this you need to get a life. Seriously. This coming from an outside observer that is indifferent to every team listed above.
    The Reds would not honor Ohio State if they won a national championship. If you think they would, you're foolish.

  15. #44
    Firin Away Jr's Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,750

    Re: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

    Quote Originally Posted by LexRedsFan View Post
    I'm a UK fan, but it's absolutely true. It's our version of entertainment and our connection.

    College football's "best" fans? Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

    And a Roll Tide to you Sir.

  16. #45
    throws 106. NBD.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,191

    Re: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

    Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    The Reds would not honor Ohio State if they won a national championship. If you think they would, you're foolish.
    You're wrong. Plain and simple.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25