Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

Cincinnati is a city full of college basketball fans; Xavier, Cincinnati and the Buckeyes. Honoring Kentucky in Cincinnati is no different than honoring the Alabama football team at a Braves game; a city full of Georgia football fans. Likely an attempt to get more fans into the seats and from the looks of the attendance on t.v, it didn't work.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

I don't have a problem with it whatsoever. I've grown up a die hard Reds and UK fan my whole life. I'm sure there are many people just like me. That being said I would understand if any of the local teams got honored for a championship at GABP. The Reds represent much more than just the city of Cincinnati.

takealeake

It offends me in the sense that it would be like honoring Bonds, McGuire, or Clemens. No one outside of the fans of each of them considers their "accomplishments" legitimate.

im not a uk fan. i root against them but cmon who rly cares? i don't. great year for them.

Lifelong fan of the Reds, Bengals and UK here. I love it! Anyone who thinks there aren't a ton of UK fans in Reds country, including the city of Cincinnati, is clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by takealeake View Post
    It offends me in the sense that it would be like honoring Bonds, McGuire, or Clemens. No one outside of the fans of each of them considers their "accomplishments" legitimate.
    LOL ... yeah its just like that.. are you kidding me???

People will complain about anything.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by takealeake View Post
    Well said. I wonder how long it is before the title is vacated. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    Well said. I wonder how long it is before the title is vacated. lol.
    Wishful thinking by haters!

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    Wishful thinking by haters!
    Not hating, not hoping. Just stating facts.
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...calipari_N.htm
    Read up.

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    Cincinnati is a city full of college basketball fans; Xavier, Cincinnati and the Buckeyes. Honoring Kentucky in Cincinnati is no different than honoring the Alabama football team at a Braves game; a city full of Georgia football fans. Likely an attempt to get more fans into the seats and from the looks of the attendance on t.v, it didn't work.
    I would guess there are way more Uk fans than OSU fans in Cincy. Also, if this board is proof of anything, it's that Reds fans also come from a much wider area than just in and around 275. Lexington is an outstanding Reds town.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

takealeake

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    LOL ... yeah its just like that.. are you kidding me???
    It is. Defenders of all stated will say "it still counts in the record book" when no one outside of the fans of the involved considers it legitimate. That's just the way it is. It's exactly the same.

All I know is, Calipari has zero NCAA violations on his record. Marcus Camby took money from an agent during his Junior year at UMass. No one on the coaching staff, nor any other players, were found to be in violation of anything. In fact, it was Calipari who turned Camby in to the NCAA when he got wind of it. Derrick Rose allegedly cheated on a test while in high school. The NCAA clearinghouse twice found him to be eligible to play college basketball. No one on the Memphis coaching staff, nor any Memphis players, were found to have done anything wrong. If at some point Cal does something improper, I'd want him gone ASAP, but I don't foresee that happening. Haters are going to hate. They don't let facts get in their way.

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I would guess there are way more Uk fans than OSU fans in Cincy. Also, if this board is proof of anything, it's that Reds fans also come from a much wider area than just in and around 275. Lexington is an outstanding Reds town.
    I've lived most of my life in Lexington. It is definitely Reds country, and always has been.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    All I know is, Calipari has zero NCAA violations on his record. Marcus Camby took money from an agent during his Junior year at UMass. No one on the coaching staff, nor any other players, were found to be in violation of anything. In fact, it was Calipari who turned Camby in to the NCAA when he got wind of it. Derrick Rose allegedly cheated on a test while in high school. The NCAA clearinghouse twice found him to be eligible to play college basketball. No one on the Memphis coaching staff, nor any Memphis players, were found to have done anything wrong. If at some point Cal does something improper, I'd want him gone ASAP, but I don't foresee that happening. Haters are going to hate. They don't let facts get in their way.
    Yeah and Pete Rose never gambled and Barry Bonds never took steroids. Just allegations.

Turn Off Ads?