Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds trade with braves that could have happened...

Reds trade with braves that could have happened...

According to MLBtraderumors.com, the braves and reds were very close on a deal that would of sent Jair Jurrjens and Jairo Asencio to the Reds for Chris Heisey and Juan fransisco... With no options on francisco and having phipps able to come up to replace heisey, i would have done this deal in a heart beat..

Thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Re: Reds trade with braves that could have happened...

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan_26 View Post
    According to MLBtraderumors.com, the braves and reds were very close on a deal that would of sent Jair Jurrjens and Jairo Asencio to the Reds for Chris Heisey and Juan fransisco... With no options on francisco and having phipps able to come up to replace heisey, i would have done this deal in a heart beat..

Thoughts?

Jurrjens just got sent down to the minors. He hasnt been right all season. At the time, I would have done it. But now it looks like the Reds made the right call.

I probably would have done that deal for Jair Jurrjens, but I still would have made the Latos deal as well. That would have allowed the Reds to move either Leake or Bailey for an upgrade in LF. I know Jurrjens has been bad to start the year, but he's still probably a decent mid rotation guy when healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan_26 View Post

Thoughts?
    I think we'd corner the market on guys with names beginning with "Jair".

What did the Braves end up getting for Jairo? Was it a straight cash deal with the Indians?

Turn Off Ads?