Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

Re: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    Not hating, not hoping. Just stating facts.
    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/colle...calipari_N.htm
    Read up.
    You do realize that the article you linked clearly states that the NCAA found no evidence of any wrongdoing by Calipari, right?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    takealeake

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    All I know is, Calipari has zero NCAA violations on his record. Marcus Camby took money from an agent during his Junior year at UMass. No one on the coaching staff, nor any other players, were found to be in violation of anything. In fact, it was Calipari who turned Camby in to the NCAA when he got wind of it. Derrick Rose allegedly cheated on a test while in high school. The NCAA clearinghouse twice found him to be eligible to play college basketball. No one on the Memphis coaching staff, nor any Memphis players, were found to have done anything wrong. If at some point Cal does something improper, I'd want him gone ASAP, but I don't foresee that happening. Haters are going to hate. They don't let facts get in their way.
    The fact is, boosters are not allowed to contact recruits. By the most lax definition of the term booster, William Wesley fits every definition of what a booster is. That is anyone with a vested interest that supports a University for whatever reason, like ties with a coach. Hell, even Calipari got up on the podium and called him a "goodwill ambassador."

Yet there's countless columns by basketball recruiting services of Wesley talking to and hanging out with recruits off the court over the years, that then commit to Calipari. The most recently being Gilchrist. A simple fan techincally couldn't even hang with a player with intent to recruit, it would be a violation, much less the most powerfully connected man in basketball.

So yeah, don't let facts get in your way. John Calipari could have said, long long ago "thanks but no thanks for your help Wesley" - just like Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, or the rest of the crew could have said to PED's. But no, all involved knew it gave them an advantage over anyone else who played by the rules, and didn't care.

The NCAA, just like MLB, has been lax enforcing the facts and the rules and no record from either has been blanked or vacated despite obvious infractions. That doesn't mean there's not a mark on them in the court of public opinion. Their record still stands officially, but only in so far as everyone else in the world considers it illegitimate.

The ONLY people that make excuses for these cheaters are the people who aren't fans of them. That's a fact, and should tell you something.

Who is McGuire?

You do realize that the article you linked clearly states that the NCAA found no evidence of any wrongdoing by Calipari, right?
    Never said he did anything wrong. Made a joke about the title being vacated which is where you came in. The article was a supplement to the joke. Thanks for reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by takealeake View Post
    The fact is, boosters are not allowed to contact recruits. By the most lax definition of the term booster, William Wesley fits every definition of what a booster is. That is anyone with a vested interest that supports a University for whatever reason, like ties with a coach. Hell, even Calipari got up on the podium and called him a "goodwill ambassador."

Yet there's countless columns by basketball recruiting services of Wesley talking to and hanging out with recruits off the court over the years, that then commit to Calipari. The most recently being Gilchrist. A simple fan techincally couldn't even hang with a player with intent to recruit, it would be a violation, much less the most powerfully connected man in basketball.

So yeah, don't let facts get in your way. John Calipari could have said, long long ago "thanks but no thanks for your help Wesley" - just like Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, or the rest of the crew could have said to PED's. But no, all involved knew it gave them an advantage over anyone else who played by the rules, and didn't care.

The NCAA, just like MLB, has been lax enforcing the facts and the rules and no record from either has been blanked or vacated despite obvious infractions. That doesn't mean there's not a mark on them in the court of public opinion. Their record still stands officially, but only in so far as everyone else in the world considers it illegitimate.

The ONLY people that make excuses for these cheaters are the people who aren't fans of them. That's a fact, and should tell you something.
    Wesley is connected with almost every top coach and basketball program in the country, and has been for many, many years. If you think otherwise, you need to do some more research. He's been involved with hundreds of kids on the AAU circuit, and to my knowledge only one has ended up at UK. That would be Gilchrist, whose family has been friends with Wesley since long before MKG became a star basketball player. If that's all you've got, you don't have much. According to your logic, every basketball coach and program in the country is dirty.

Great post on Wesley; he's a leech. And you can trace his friendship origins with Calipari pretty easily. It really began with Wesley's relationship with Milt Wagner in the 90s in New Jersey. During that same time, Calipari became the coach of the New Jersey Nets. Where did Dajuan Wagner, Milt's son, ultimately end up going to college - of all places? Memphis.

Wesley also began showing up in Cleveland and becoming a mentor to Lebron. Why? I don't know. Where does Lebron claim he would have went to college had he not gone pro? Memphis. It's dirty stuff and Booby Knight's opinion of Calipari is completely justified.

takealeake

Wesley is connected with almost every top coach and basketball program in the country, and has been for many, many years. If you think otherwise, you need to do some more research. He's been involved with hundreds of kids on the AAU circuit, and to my knowledge only one has ended up at UK. That would be Gilchrist, whose family has been friends with Wesley since long before MKG became a star basketball player. If that's all you've got, you don't have much. According to your logic, every basketball coach and program in the country is dirty.
    Oh thats bullcrap and you know it. Saying he's connected is different than flat out helping. Calipari got up on stage when he was hired and even admitted as such and did the same in an SI article so that excuse doesn't fly. He may be connected but everyone in the country knows who he helps and the coach himself even admitted it. How are you going to deny that? HE. ADMITTED. IT. Derrick Rose, Tyreke Evans, DaJuan Wagner, Douglas-Roberts, and Kidd-Gilchrist weren't ending up at Iowa State or Clemson for God's sake. It was Calipari. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

I'm not going to argue this tired crap with blind support at all costs UK fans, because I know the day UK fans admit Wesley funnels Calipari recruits is the day pigs fly, but I'm simply telling you that this is a flat out fact and how the rest of the nation views John Calipari. As a cheater. Just like Bonds and Clemens. And just like those two, it is justified. Deal with it.

Anyone else who wants to make this ridiculous defense can go on my ignore list as well since I'm not going to argue with liars and excuse makers.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    im not a uk fan. i root against them but cmon who rly cares? i don't. great year for them.
    yup.

Ok, so what exactly is Wesley's connection with the coaches? What's his job title and what's in it for him? Anxiously awaiting your answer...

takealeake

Ok, so what exactly is Wesley's connection with the coaches? What's his job title and what's in it for him? Anxiously awaiting your answer...
    Don't bother arguing. Doing this will result in brain damage in all areas of logic in your brain. It's like trying to convince the Branch Davidians of reality.

Don't bother arguing. Doing this will result in brain damage in all areas of logic in your brain. It's like trying to convince the Branch Davidians of reality.
    lol, oh I know. Even during Kentucky's NIT season, you still couldn't convince their fans that they sucked. They need some new hobbies.

I love how.people label the man a cheater like it means anything. He's never been found guilty of any wrong doing, and its not like people aren't trying to dig up the dirt. Guys like Charles Robinson would be all over it.

Then you have guys like Jim Calhoun who have been caught, but for whatever reason calipari is the face of cheaters everywhere. I think its that people are hoping he's cheating more than anything else.

I'm not even a UK fan and I find the UK/calipari hate hilarious.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

Stupid. The Wildcats would never give the Reds a nod if they won the world series, so imo UK basketball can take a hike.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua View Post
    Stupid. The Wildcats would never give the Reds a nod if they won the world series, so imo UK basketball can take a hike.
    If the reds won a ws uc wouldn't host them at halftime.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

I have no idea what his deal is, other than he's neck-deep in amateur basketball and has been for a long, long time. It started with Denny Crum at Louisville, then it went on to Coach K at Duke, and along the way has included just about every top coach and program in the country. You can pretend it's somehow about Calipari, but the facts paint an entirely different story. You're talking about a coach who has zero NCAA violations in his entire coaching career. People have been trying to dig up something on Cal for many years now and they continue to come up empty. Why do you think that is?

Turn Off Ads?