Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

Re: Offended By The Honoring of Kentucky Basketball?

Quote Originally Posted by takealeake View Post
    Don't bother arguing. Doing this will result in brain damage in all areas of logic in your brain. It's like trying to convince the Branch Davidians of reality.
    Which, likewise, could be said about arguing with non-UK fans/haters.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    Fact, the Reds would've honored the following schools had they won the title:

Ohio State
    Cincinnati
    Xavier
    Kentucky (obv)
    Lville
    Indiana
    Ohio U
    Dayton

Did you know there are almost 11k UK alums living in the Greater Cincinnati area? Did you know Lexington is closer to Cincinnati than Columbus? Did you know there are 29 Reds radio affiliates in Kentucky and only 22 in Ohio? The Reds are not an Ohio team. They are a regional team that spreads into 4 states (OH, KY, IN, WV).

Bottom line, if you were one of the people complaining about this you need to get a life. Seriously. This coming from an outside observer that is indifferent to every team listed above.
    Abso-freaking-lutely. People actually complaining/offended by this, man, I just have to

Then again, some people can and will find just about ANYTHING to complain about. Especially on internet forums. I just REALLY hope that their "real lives" are not so as their "internet lives" far too often come across as.

It offends me in the sense that it would be like honoring Bonds, McGuire, or Clemens. No one outside of the fans of each of them considers their "accomplishments" legitimate.
    Who was the last 'legitimate' NCAA basketball champion?

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I dont get to many Reds games. But when I do it is usually a week-end thing which means my family and I take in a couple of games and stay in a hotel. I have done this 20 or so times. Everytime I go, there are all kinds of UK fans staying at the same hotel......and yes they are there to go to the Reds game. Cincinnati's location is conducive to pulling fans in from the region, and that region includes Lexington.

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

It is. Defenders of all stated will say "it still counts in the record book" when no one outside of the fans of the involved considers it legitimate. That's just the way it is. It's exactly the same.
    I am an Indiana University basketball fan. I have followed them ever since the cleaning lady from State Farm was opening games for them on channel 4. Kentucky is one of our biggest rivals, if not the biggest. So it pains me to say that I have no problem with my favorite baseball team honoring them. GABP is a 10 minute walk across a bridge from Kentucky, so to think there wouldn't be a SH!T TON of KY fans that are also Reds fans would be moronic. I understand that Cincinnati is in Ohio and that Ohio is OU country, but get a life. Not everyone from Ohio needs to be an OU fan.

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    Great post on Wesley; he's a leech. And you can trace his friendship origins with Calipari pretty easily. It really began with Wesley's relationship with Milt Wagner in the 90s in New Jersey. During that same time, Calipari became the coach of the New Jersey Nets. Where did Dajuan Wagner, Milt's son, ultimately end up going to college - of all places? Memphis.

Wesley also began showing up in Cleveland and becoming a mentor to Lebron. Why? I don't know. Where does Lebron claim he would have went to college had he not gone pro? Memphis. It's dirty stuff and Booby Knight's opinion of Calipari is completely justified.
    It's Robert Montgomery Knight, not Booby, get it right. or did you go to UO?

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    I agree. And like I've always said, UK fans' passion comes down to a lack of hobbies. College basketball's "best" fans are in Lexington, Durham, Lawrence, Chapel Hill and Lansing. The school with the most titles and of whom recently went to 3 straight final 4's - UCLA, has a lack luster fan base because L.A. has plenty to offer.

The most passionate NFL fans? Green Bay. I rest my case.
    You obviously have never been to Indiana, not saying our fans are THE best, but definately up there. When our program had their problems with "That Coach" from phone calls, the fans stuck around and filled Assembly Hall every game. The games against KU and OU this year was the wildest games I had been to EVER!!!! Bloomington is definately on that list.

I'm more offended by the fact that not one UK player who contributed to the team showed up. It was coach and a bunch of nobodies last night. Thats more offensive then the reds doing it.

PS Im not a UK fan. Im a buckeye fan.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

As a UofL fan and UK hater, it does not upset me at all that the Reds did this. The state of KY is Reds country. The Reds are on Fox 150 games a year in Louisville, Lexington, Bowling Green, Morehead and Ashland; not to mention the entire Northern Kentucky area is part of Greater Cincinnati and host to the Cincinnati Airport.

The important thing is...The Reds Won The Game!!!
    What if this is as good as it gets?

^^^Amen^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Who was the last 'legitimate' NCAA basketball champion?
    UC

Pastor, dad and husband Mr Larkin's Avatar

It is a regional thing. I hate UK, but I realize that many in Reds country likely cheer for UK, so that makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by UCBrownsfan View Post
    UC
    That's about the right time frame IMO. But I'm just hanging up and waiting for takealeake to respond.

I also think its hilarious seeing people say "THER REDS BETTER HONOR UL AND OSU FINAL FOUR!!!!"

You know who made a final four last year, and didn't get honored by the Reds? UK.

I have no problem with it. I am sure 75% of baseball fans in Lexington are Reds fans. Now I am a die hard Hoosier fan. So you can understand my dislike for the Wildcats. Now Calipari hasn't been linked to any wrong doing. Sure he has been around it some but never linked. I am not gonna say he is a cheater there is no proof. Now i will say I don't like where college basketball is going. I would rather see these kids go straight to the pros than see a team load up on the top recruits every year to only get to watch them for a season. The 1 and done is horrible. They should either be allowed to go straight to the pros or have to play 3 years of college ball, like they do in football. Oh look out for those Hoosiers this year they are gonna be scary good. Bring on the blue nation. IU back on top in 2013!

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Turn Off Ads?