35 ab
    13 hits
    .371 avg
    6 r
    1 hr
    7 rbi
    1 bb
    2 sb

Batting in front of Joey Votto in the 2 hole really seems to be working. If he can put his tools together and keep a steady mind he could easily be an all-star centrefielder. I'm not saying he's going to keep up that pace, but you can see little changes that everyone always complained about. He's making more contact, he's taking the ball opposite, and he's being aggressive with a shorter swing. He's hitting the ball real hard right now.

Let's hope he can become the player we all hoped he would be.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Drew Stubbs

That's a .400 OBP, if anyone's wondering.

And yeah, I think he should always be hitting in front of Joey. Kid is fooled by breaking balls, so put him in a position where he's going to mostly get heaters and he'll shine. Maybe a few months of him batting there will give him the confidence he needs to finally hit lead off.

A few weeks ago I was saying on a different thread that the 2 changes I would make to the Reds would be to move Stubbs to the 2-hole and Bruce to the 4-hole. Well I am half way there

In my opinion Stubbs is the ideal 2 hitter on this team. His weakness is pitch recognition. You put him in front of Votto and you eliminate a lot of that, as he will see better pitches. In addition, if he can consistently get on base in front of Votto, Joey will probably see more fastballs than he otherwise would in an effort to try and contain Stubbs stealing.

Two other related points worth mentioning. In the thread where I said Stubbs should be in the 2-hole, I killed Dusty for his inability to shake things up. Well he did, so far it is working so I have to give him credit for doing so.

The second point is I think Joey Votto needs to start drinking decaffenated fancy coffees. He really seems hopped up like he is trying to earn that big contract with every swing. He needs to settle down and let the game come to him.

Stubbs is a streaky player. You just have to hope the hot streaks outweigh the cold streaks.

The 2 hole has been good for him

I don't think it has anything to do with his batting order. I think it has more to do with his pitch selection and a boost in confidence after the great game against the Cubs last week. I really hope we can turn this record around soon.

I don't think he, over night, has better pitch selection. I think he's seeing different pitches with JoVo batting behind him.

I think he was just robbed of a hit in CF...looked like the ball bounced.
    I see great things in baseball. It's our game.

Yes he will see a better pitch selection anyone batting if front of joey will, I also noticed the last two nights Joey is pulling a Jay, shoulder pointed towards second and out on his front foot too early, also he is (what I call) "Zone Swinging" he is looking for a pitch in a certain part of the strike zone and not keeping his head down, you will notice he turns his head before he finishes the swing. However his late double tonight, he kept his head still and watched the ball all the way to the bat, Joey may be coming out of his funk just yet, looking forward to May!!
    Bowled 12, 300 games, I'm BACK!!

Bowling a 300 game never gets old

Quote Originally Posted by Jamz View Post
    I think he was just robbed of a hit in CF...looked like the ball bounced.
    Yes he did. I backed that up and watched it a couple times. That ball definitely hit grass first.

That line drive right back at Chapman was skurrry!!!

What happens if Cozart ends up not so well in the leadoff spot. Is Dusty going to move him down in the order where Stubbs was previously hitting? I just have a feeling that Dusty won't keep Brandon in the 4 spot for the rest of the year. he's going to hit leadoff when that leg is 100%. I like what Stubbs has done here recently, but Cozart is this teams best #2 hitter IMO. It's going to be interesting to see what Dusty does.

Turn Off Ads?