Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 396

Thread: Reds vs. Giants Wednesday 4/25

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    487

    Reds vs. Giants Wednesday 4/25

    4 out of 5. Let's keep it going!

    Stubbs CF
    Valdez SS
    Votto 1B
    Phillips 2B
    Bruce RF
    Rolen 3B
    Ludwick LF
    Hanigan C
    Arroyo P

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    966

    Re: Reds vs. Giants Wednesday 4/25

    Cozart could probably use the time off. He started off hot but cooled down fairly quickly. He's still a rookie.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bridgetown
    Posts
    1,511

    Re: Reds vs. Giants Wednesday 4/25

    Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    Cozart could probably use the time off. He started off hot but cooled down fairly quickly. He's still a rookie.
    he's still getting his hits and still 1 of the better hitters on the team.

  5. #4
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,819

    Re: Reds vs. Giants Wednesday 4/25

    It will be nice to be back to .500 after tonight's game.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

  6. #5
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,187

    Re: Reds vs. Giants Wednesday 4/25

    When it's not in the 4-hole, Respect bats 6th.

  7. #6
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,187

    Re: Reds vs. Giants Wednesday 4/25

    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    It will be nice to be back to .500 after tonight's game.
    Hopefully. But the Giants will stack LHH against Badrroyo....

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,834

    Re: Reds vs. Giants Wednesday 4/25

    Just for the sake of not screwing with something that is working well, I would have Valdez leading off...even if he isn't gonna do that much there.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: Reds vs. Giants Wednesday 4/25

    Okay...so lets review...Cozart in a mini slump 5 for his last 25...he sits...Rolen is well not hitting at all, and he plays? Stubbs has gotten better in the two slot, so because "Dusty" wants Stubbs to be the full time leadoff hitter even though he seems to do better in other slots.

    Also...why oh why can't Dusty ever try Hannigan higher up in the lineup..

  10. #9
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,187

    Re: Reds vs. Giants Wednesday 4/25

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    Okay...so lets review...Cozart in a mini slump 5 for his last 25...he sits...Rolen is well not hitting at all, and he plays? Stubbs has gotten better in the two slot, so because "Dusty" wants Stubbs to be the full time leadoff hitter even though he seems to do better in other slots.

    Also...why oh why can't Dusty ever try Hannigan higher up in the lineup..
    Just a couple days ago Baker said Stubbs was the ideal lead-off hitter.

    I kind of doubt Baker has ever checked out any player's splits.

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,834
    Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Just a couple days ago Baker said Stubbs was the ideal lead-off hitter.

    I kind of doubt Baker has ever checked out any player's splits.
    He is a better fit leading off if he could get hits there, that's what I took away from what dusty said. In front of votto you're opening up a base whenever you're asking Stubbs to steal. If being 2nd is the only thing that can give us these results we will have to accept it.

    Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,187

    Re: Reds vs. Giants Wednesday 4/25

    And Heisey is MIA again.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

  13. #12
    ZCTRMTP!!!!! texasdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,819

    Re: Reds vs. Giants Wednesday 4/25

    Stubbs is swinging a hot bat so if ever there was a good time to ease him back into the leadoff spot, this would be it.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

  14. #13
    Moderator LexRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Greenville, South Carolina
    Posts
    559

    Re: Reds vs. Giants Wednesday 4/25

    Rolen moved ahead of Ludwick after last night?

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,834
    Hope we can get this one in

    Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

  16. #15
    malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,187

    Re: Reds vs. Giants Wednesday 4/25

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    He is a better fit leading off if he could get hits there, that's what I took away from what dusty said. In front of votto you're opening up a base whenever you're asking Stubbs to steal. If being 2nd is the only thing that can give us these results we will have to accept it.

    Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk
    Yeah, no need to give Votto anything good with Stubbs standing on 2B.

    I'd still like to see the Reds get Michael Brantley to lead off, even if he's in LF.

    Heisey for Brantley....


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25