Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324

Thread: 4.25.12 Giants @ Reds

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Re: 4.25.12 Giants @ Reds

You know, I was always impressed by Marshall when he was with the Cubs but I could never enjoy him simply because he was always wearing that godawful blue. Nice to be able to cheer for him now. He's been so impressive it's just mind-boggling.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Unlike most of our recent closers ( Cordero, etc.), Marshall comes in throwing strikes.

Batters better be ready to swing, or they'll find themselves in a hole faster than on a date with Paris Hilton.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    You know, I was always impressed by Marshall when he was with the Cubs but I could never enjoy him simply because he was always wearing that godawful blue. Nice to be able to cheer for him now. He's been so impressive it's just mind-boggling.
    I had him on my fantasy league for a while few years back and he did well but for some reason Lou would not keep him in the rotation.

Going to have to look for a better weather app. Mine said 91% chance of thunderstorms around 9 pm so I went to Keeneland today and came home instead of going on up to the game tonight.

Man, I try not to dwell on this stuff but imagine how awesome it would have been if Madson were able to pitch in this bullpen?
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

FWIW, Cincy is 1 game out of a wild card spot.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Best win of the season, IMO.

This was 2010 Reds -- get up off the mat and snatch a victory away in the late innings.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Best win of the season, IMO.

This was 2010 Reds -- get up off the mat and snatch a victory away in the late innings.
    Yep. Hats off to Bronson and company. This one could've gotten out of hand in the earlier innings, but he kept the offense within striking distance, and they delivered.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    #Reds lineup
    Stubbs 8,
    Valdez 6,
    Votto 3,
    Phillips 4,
    Bruce 9,
    Rolen 5,
    Ludwick 7,
    Hanigan 2,
    Arroyo 1

v. Zito

Cue concern over no Cozart and q's re #1 and 2 in lineup.
    I know you don't want to completely change the lineup for a day off but come on there has to be a better solution than Valdez batting 2nd whenever Cozart isn't playing.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33 View Post
    I'm not concerned about Cozart, he has played in every game this year. He has to get a day off at some point.
    He got the the Friday the 13th game in DC off. He did play in the extra innings though.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

I know you don't want to completely change the lineup for a day off but come on there has to be a better solution than Valdez batting 2nd whenever Cozart isn't playing.
    Phillips leadoff, Stubbs 2nd.

I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or not. But those guys have pitched well against most everyone this year.
    He left Edwin Jackson off that list. Jackson has not pitched well against everyone else.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Good come from behind win. Arroyo did a good job a keeping the team in the game when it was obvious he didn't have his best stuff. That's what a starting pitcher is supposed to do. Great job by the bullpen too. Let's sweep the Giants and move to the bottom half of the division for the next three series. Time to clean up on the wins!
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    He left Edwin Jackson off that list. Jackson has not pitched well against everyone else.
    True. Like I said, our offense has stunk it up without a doubt. But we've also run into some pitchers who were throwing VERY well at the time. It's made the offense look even worse than it probably was. That's all I was saying.

True. Like I said, our offense has stunk it up without a doubt. But we've also run into some pitchers who were throwing VERY well at the time. It's made the offense look even worse than it probably was. That's all I was saying.
    I was at that game Jackson pitched. I thought he pitched a really good game. That's what Jackson is all about. One good game followed by a couple of subpar ones. Reds were unfortunate victims that day.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Turn Off Ads?