Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: 2012 NFL Draft thread

Re: 2012 NFL Draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    Looks like the Bengals got some serious value. No running back so far may disappoint fans (though don't rule it out yet with Gray still on the board), but Jones and Iloka should both be guaranteed a spot on the roster, which is excellent for fifth round picks. Jones sounds like just the possession receiver we need, while Iloka either gets to learn under Reggie Nelson at FS or move to SS and compete with Mays.
    But Sanu is also more of a possession receiver than a big-play threat. Do they need two such players in one draft?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Bengals select Dan Herron RB Ohio State with the 6th round pick

Senor Votto

How have the Bengals came out in this draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    Bengals have had a great draft. I think they have had one of the best drafts of all the teams this year.

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Love the Boom Herron pick! Just keep him out of trouble.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    For whatever it's worth, Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, and Ron Jaworski all agreed that the Bengals had one of, if not the best draft of all of the teams.

Personally, I'd give this draft a B+.

They got very good value in Still, Sanu, Thompson, and Charles. I also liked the Zeitler pickup in the 1st.
    However, I still think the jury is out on Kirkpatrick, and I would have liked to have seen SS and RB addressed earlier. Also would have liked to have seen Randle with the 53rd pick instead of Still.

Now I hope they bring Chris Polk in as an undrafted FA to compete with Herron and Scott for the backup RB job. I also wouldn't mind a flyer on Vontaze Burfict.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    For whatever it's worth, Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, and Ron Jaworski all agreed that the Bengals had one of, if not the best draft of all of the teams.

Personally, I'd give this draft a B+.

They got very good value in Still, Sanu, Thompson, and Charles. I also liked the Zeitler pickup in the 1st.
    However, I still think the jury is out on Kirkpatrick, and I would have liked to have seen SS and RB addressed earlier. Also would have liked to have seen Randle with the 53rd pick instead of Still.

Now I hope they bring Chris Polk in as an undrafted FA to compete with Herron and Scott for the backup RB job. I also wouldn't mind a flyer on Vontaze Burfict.
    I think we were pretty close to on the same page according to these comments. I agree whole heartedly on Kirkpatrick, the jury is out. Not sure he plays man very well, though I could envision him as potentially elite Safety. The Bengals rarely move a player though especially when they don't value Safety nearly as much. Also I heard Saban had to keep his thumb on this kid to keep him out of trouble, as a pro he will have to be more accountable himself.

Where I disagree here is there is no way I pass on Still for a guy (Randle) who although fast has 1 flaw that drops his value in my estimation, his acceleration doesn't match his speed and acceleration to me is more indicative of a big time playmaker especially deep threats. Not that I don't think he wasn't worth a 2nd round pick (a late 2nd albeit) but given who we got instead it's just a no brainer for me. Still has no major flaws to his talent, from where I sit he could prove to be our best DL in a year or 2. I wasn't completely sold on his motivation until I heard his press conference on Bengals.com and then I really was enamored with his potential. Very smart, focused and accountable.

Bengals.com video presser link

IMO Best Bengals draft I have ever witnessed. With a little luck (health wise) these guys will prove to be a large part of the core to a lot of success.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Fanatic View Post
    Giants take Adrien Robinson TE from UC
    I didn't even know UC had a TE

Turn Off Ads?