Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2012 NFL Draft thread

NL Central champs

Re: 2012 NFL Draft thread

CBS sports:

450-pound single bench press, 36 reps with 225 pounds (34 at the Combine), 615-pound squat lift and 370-pound power clean

2. Turn Off Ads?
    NL Central champs

Sounds like he fell, CBS ranks him as the 56th overall prospect.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Gotta stack that line, I guess.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Absolutely love the Bengals draft. Kudos to Marvin, Mike and the whole scouting team.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I agree it is been a good draft for the Bengals so far. I am only suprised they have not tried to draft a RB so far. Something must be wrong with Miller for him to fall so far.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Maybe they're OK going into the season with Lawfirm, Scott and Leonard. None strikes me as a true power back, though. Perhaps they'll sign someone else, or wait until next year to draft a RB.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Five players with great football instincts and all are hard workers. I'm more than impressed and I was one that was extremely hard on Marvin for such a long time.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Maybe they're OK going into the season with Lawfirm, Scott and Leonard. None strikes me as a true power back, though. Perhaps they'll sign someone else, or wait until next year to draft a RB.
    But they'll need someone else for the 3 or 4 games Leonard is out with an injury.

The Bengals got a serious case of the BPA. Thompson and Still are going to be tough to fit into the line interior with Atkins, Peko, and Sims. I imagine one of them's gonna be moving to the outside. That D-Line is gonna be fearsome. Sanu looks to help us out a ton and give us a legit #2 option beyond Hawkins.

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    The Bengals got a serious case of the BPA. Thompson and Still are going to be tough to fit into the line interior with Atkins, Peko, and Sims. I imagine one of them's gonna be moving to the outside. That D-Line is gonna be fearsome. Sanu looks to help us out a ton and give us a legit #2 option beyond Hawkins.
    Sims will have to fight hard to keep his job.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Supposedly Lamar Miller has a shoulder injury that he will have surgery on this week. That is why he is dropping.

I would like to see the Bengals get
    Lamar Miller RB Miami (if doctors know he will be ok)
    Vontaze Burfict LB Arizona State (Dontay Moch only linebacker signed beyond 2012)
    Mike Brewster C/G Ohio State (talented, needs three weeks of real coaching and a real strength program, he will be just fine)
    Markelle Martin S Oklahoma State (Athletic Gambler type)
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Absolutely love the Bengals draft. Kudos to Marvin, Mike and the whole scouting team.
    Yeah I agree. I'd still like a good safety but I recognize why we haven't taken one yet. DeQuan Menzie is my guy there. I'd also like to see Robert Turbin or LaMar Miller but not at the cost of Menzie who I think will go in the 4th. There are several intriguing backs in the 5th round range and later and we have 3 5th's so I'm fine with taking one there. Also LB I think needs some depth with guys coming back from injuries. Perhaps a TE prospect, a DE developmental type and a FB to fill out things.

My final rounds
    4th - DeQuan Menzie S 'Bama/Bobby Massie OT
    5A - L. Miller/R. Turbin/Tauren Poole RB Tenn./M. Smith Utah St.
    5B - Burfict/M. Dowtin LB NAU/Malik Jackson DE
    5C - Cody Pearcy WR/CB/PR/KR Huntingdon College Alabama
    6th - Emil Igwenagu FB Umass
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

I've heard Umpire Jeff Kellogg is shooting up draft boards.

Lamar Miller goes to the Dolphins

Bengals are on the clock for their 4th round pick

Turn Off Ads?