Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: 4.27.12 Astros @ Reds

Re: 4.27.12 Astros @ Reds

Getting trounced by the Astros, with a decent crowd, while playing lifeless, mistake prone baseball == pitiful.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yeah this is a new low point for the season so far.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Ludwick grounds to short to end the inning. I'm done with my PBP. Thanks for reading!
    2014 Reds record: 1-2

I look like a banker in this...

NL Central champs

Matt Downs groundout to Rolen. Simon still pitching.

Something is critically wrong with this team...just no energy. I can't put my finger on it, but obviously this is not winning baseball. The type of baseball required to string together a string of 10 wins in a row--something that will be required to win this division. I wonder if Bob C is wondering why he did what he did with his considerable dollars this offseason.

NL Central champs

Jed Lowrie single. One out and one on for the Astros.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Beach Reds View Post
    Something is critically wrong with this team...just no energy. I can't put my finger on it, but obviously this is not winning baseball. The type of baseball required to string together a string of 10 wins in a row--something that will be required to win this division. I wonder if Bob C is wondering why he did what he did with his considerable dollars this offseason.
    Did we win 10 in a row in 2010? Did the Brewers win 10 in a row in 2011? That seems like a strange 'must happen to win the division' proclamation.

This is not fun.

NL Central champs

Bogusevic walks, 2 on and one out.

NL Central champs

Why is everyone down on this team when we were two outs away from sweeping the Giants yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Did we win 10 in a row in 2010? Did the Brewers win 10 in a row in 2011? That seems like a strange 'must happen to win the division' proclamation.
    Maybe 10 in a row is a bit off the wall. My vague point is that I don't think this group is capable of putting together enough winning ball to get on a great roll. Such high hopes, sad that they are playing this uninspired.

NL Central champs

Chris Johnson grounds into a fielders choice, Cozart to Rolen. 2 on and 2 out.

Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    Why is everyone down on this team when we were two outs away from sweeping the Giants yesterday?
    Under .500 and getting pounded my a miserable Astros team. And I agree with some other posters this team looks lifeless at times.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Virginia Beach Reds View Post
    Maybe 10 in a row is a bit off the wall. My vague point is that I don't think this group is capable of putting together enough winning ball to get on a great roll. Such high hopes, sad that they are playing this uninspired.
    So you are an expert in reading body language? Which players are inspired? How about the ones that are uninspired?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    So you are an expert in reading body language? Which players are inspired? How about the ones that are uninspired?
    Are you watching this game, or games so far this season? Just wondering.

Turn Off Ads?