Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Latos Clutch Again

Latos Clutch Again

Another great clutch game by Mat Latos today. Guy just gets it done when we need him. And how about Cincinnati beating up on STL's ace for two straight starts? Let's ride this momentum to a 4 game sweep of these guys!

2. Likes:

Brutus (09-02-2013),HeatherC1212 (09-02-2013),OnBaseMachine (09-02-2013),REDREAD (09-03-2013),remdog (09-02-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Latos Clutch Again

Well, except for the final game of last season.

But yeah, AMAZING game today. He had his bulldog pants on (hat tip to Brutus for that inspired expression).

5. Likes:

Brutus (09-02-2013)

Well pitched game. Glad to see him get some offense and have some fun.

Latos has developed the mentality of a big game pitcher. I really like seeing him on the mound in these type situations.

8. Likes:

bigredmechanism (09-02-2013),CarolinaRedleg (09-02-2013),George Anderson (09-03-2013),OnBaseMachine (09-03-2013),remdog (09-02-2013)

He's everything we bargained for when we traded for him. Lets buy out a couple free agent years this off season.

10. Likes:

mth123 (09-02-2013),OnBaseMachine (09-03-2013)

How u doin

I feel has if everytime he gets on the mound he is going to give us a win.

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye View Post
    Well, except for the final game of last year
    At least a funny gif came out of it: well in a morbid kind of way:

13. Likes:

RedEye (09-02-2013)

Latos is a bear. I know the tendency is to call him a bulldog, but he's a bear.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Worth The Wait

Latos was not clutch in Game Five last year. He let it get away from him and it obviously cost us dearly.

However, and while I have zero empirical evidence of this, I believe that Latos is still the guy we want on the mound if that situation presented itself again. Some guys might wilt under that performance and either shy away from that spot again or crash and burn when they do get the chance. But I believe Latos is the kind of guy that desperately wants another chance in that spot and that he has the confidence in himself to absorb that pressure and deliver.

I know this is a sore subject around here and often goes down a pretty petty path, but I really wish more guys on the team were like Latos, I really do.

16. Likes:

DiamondRat (09-02-2013),Revering4Blue (09-02-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post

I fail to see the humor in any of that, even with respect to morbidly.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

18. Likes:

LexRedsFan (09-03-2013),OnBaseMachine (09-03-2013),Tom Servo (09-03-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    Latos was not clutch in Game Five last year. He let it get away from him and it obviously cost us dearly.

However, and while I have zero empirical evidence of this, I believe that Latos is still the guy we want on the mound if that situation presented itself again. Some guys might wilt under that performance and either shy away from that spot again or crash and burn when they do get the chance. But I believe Latos is the kind of guy that desperately wants another chance in that spot and that he has the confidence in himself to absorb that pressure and deliver.

I know this is a sore subject around here and often goes down a pretty petty path, but I really wish more guys on the team were like Latos, I really do.
    Failure leads to growth. Who could imagine Latos completing a game in under 100 pitches? With only 2 K's? Yet he was dominant yesterday. He's my guy in the WC play in game.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

20. Likes:

George Anderson (09-03-2013),HeatherC1212 (09-03-2013)

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Latos reminds me of Don Drysdale.

Tall, menacing looking, hard thrower, not afraid to own the entire plate, and completely unapologetic about it.
    sorry we're boring

22. Likes:

Big Klu (09-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post

banned.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?