Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 19 rbis for encarnacion

Re: 19 rbis for encarnacion

knowing what i know now. I would still want the trade to happen 10 out of 10 times. This just happens to make it a win win for both teams.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Reds needed a guy like Scott Rolen at the time. There was noone acting as if Rolen was a longterm solution, but given our need for a veteran leader, plus Encarnacion's struggles, the Reds did the right thing. It payed dividends in 2010.

I hold nothing personally against Encarnacion, and hope he does well. It's unlikely at his age that he will offer something new out of his bag of tricks, but if he goes on to have a career year, you still can't blame the Reds for making the deal when they did.

Read the back of his card
    - M Brennemen

Quote Originally Posted by BigJohn View Post
    Read the back of his card
    - M Brennemen
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Hoss View Post
    knowing what i know now. I would still want the trade to happen 10 out of 10 times. This just happens to make it a win win for both teams.
    Rolen had one half of a good season

That's it

3 good months

Since July 31st 2010 these are his stats

.237 9hr 68rbi
    Last edited by Krawhitham; 05-03-2012 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    I hold nothing personally against Encarnacion, and hope he does well. It's unlikely at his age that he will offer something new out of his bag of tricks, but if he goes on to have a career year, you still can't blame the Reds for making the deal when they did.
    he is only 29

His career 162 game averages are 25HR 85RBI

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    he is only 29

His career 162 game averages are 25HR 85RBI
    162 games averages are for guys like Prince Fielder.

Happy for his success. Even happier he is no longer a Red. Does anyone not remember how horrible he was when he was here. Not just the numbers, but everything. Maybe Rolen is old and can't hit but he did win a gold glove in 2010. Encarcion didn't hit much here either and he stunk in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Rolen had one half of a good season

That's it

3 good months

Since July 31st 2010 these are his stats

.237 9hr 68rbi
    Yep. It's a joke that anyone can even defend that trade. What good did it do the REDS to make the playoffs in 2010? They were never going to win a series (Did you see how lousy Rolen played in the playoff series?), so what was the point? For a long time now, Rolen has been nothing but a yoke around the REDS' neck. He needs to call it quits and walk away from the game....and take Willie Harris and that other old hack with him.

completely accurate if we are going to pay homage for a guy who "led" us to a sweep why not play Gene Fresse at third, he helped in 1961 pennant drive

Francisco or anybody has more upside than relief who is a unmitigated thief taking this money, and by the way he flat out stunk in the second half of 2010 and of course whiffed in the "playoffs"
    Rolen is the definition of Coleridge's albatross

hindsight my friends, hindsight. I think 99% of you would make that trade at that time, and not think twice about it....hindsight tells me that we might have been better off working with EE but you just never know....guy looks lost as a kitten at 3rd base and we just didnt have anywhere else for him at the time, still dont so I dont see where people would not have wanted that trade to happen at the time....

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    hindsight my friends, hindsight. I think 99% of you would make that trade at that time, and not think twice about it....hindsight tells me that we might have been better off working with EE but you just never know....guy looks lost as a kitten at 3rd base and we just didnt have anywhere else for him at the time, still dont so I dont see where people would not have wanted that trade to happen at the time....
    If I remember correctly, many people were very much against that trade. That being said, I would have done the trade then. I also would have done it now.

The one thing I would not have done is sign him to the extension. I realize that it helped spread the money out, but why add years to an ageing player?

Also it is kind of dumb to compare EE to Rolen as a 3B, since EE doesn't even play 3B anymore.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    If I remember correctly, many people were very much against that trade. That being said, I would have done the trade then. I also would have done it now.

The one thing I would not have done is sign him to the extension. I realize that it helped spread the money out, but why add years to an ageing player?

Also it is kind of dumb to compare EE to Rolen as a 3B, since EE doesn't even play 3B anymore.

I don't remember people calling it a bad trade at the time. Maybe your right. I have bad memory.

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    I don't remember people calling it a bad trade at the time. Maybe your right. I have bad memory.
    Some did because of the young relief pitcher we gave them.....no biggee IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Some did because of the young relief pitcher we gave them.....no biggee IMO
    I do remember the relief pitcher now....Zach Stewart I think...

Turn Off Ads?