Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 19 rbis for encarnacion

This is the year

Re: 19 rbis for encarnacion

Yeah some people didnt like the trade i can remember that. However i was all for getting rid of EE.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    he is only 29

His career 162 game averages are 25HR 85RBI
    In 8 big league seasons prior to this one, he had played over 100 games in only 4 of those seasons.

This is the year

crazy 2nd in MLB in HR's right now

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    The one thing I would not have done is sign him to the extension. I realize that it helped spread the money out, but why add years to an ageing player?

Also it is kind of dumb to compare EE to Rolen as a 3B, since EE doesn't even play 3B anymore.
    The extension is really the only issue. Since we weren't going anywhere anyway, the original signing was "tolerable" (and I screamed at the top of my lungs for months at the time of the trade that this day would come back to haunt this team). Losing EE or having him here now was not the issue, either. It was about dealing with an aging Rolen, where it was obvious he'd be given playing time in lieu of others more capable during a season where the REDS had prepared for seven seasons to be World Series contenders. Probably every person who plays 3rd Base in the National League and half of those at Louisville are better choices than Rolen at 3rd Base. It's unfortunate that this is the year that his body decides to be "healthy". How much worse would a "normal, unhealthy" Rolen be than this one, one where Rolen claimed he was the healthiest he's been in five seasons?

I can't believe he still bats 6th in the lineup over Hanigan (.286) and Mesoraco (.300+), who get stuck at 8th in the lineup.

And, Zach Stewart was the "Starting Pitcher", the main piece of the trade that Toronto wanted, where we also added a Relief Pitcher. EE was thrown in as they were willing to take him off of our hands, a career .800 OPS hitter at the time, something very useful on the American League, especially for someone as young as he was.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 05-05-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Turn Off Ads?