latos is really an ace

the astros are a good team

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: latos is really an ace

what a waste he's become. Hopefully he doesn't become another Volquez

good thing its april

Latos never starts the season well. Everyone needs to chill and watch him beast it up the rest of the year

But I thought it was Mesoraco's fault that he pitched bad.

Never been good in April. I'm still optimistic. More worried about Leake honestly

Quote Originally Posted by read favorite View Post
    the astros are a good team
    Better Run differential than the Reds

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Better Run differential than the Reds
    also more runs giving up

Latos and Bailey are both slow slow starters though this April has been very very slow for Mat.

Hopefully as the weather warms up this week, they both push it up a notch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    Latos and Bailey are both slow slow starters though this April has been very very slow for Mat.

Hopefully as the weather warms up this week, they both push it up a notch.
    This is only Homers 2nd April pitching in the majors

Homer has a 3.60 ERA this April which I would not call a slow start

Leake better watch out or he will be back in the minors soon, each start has been worse than the one before this season

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    This is only Homers 2nd April pitching in the majors

Homer has a 3.60 ERA this April which I would not call a slow start

Leake better watch out or he will be back in the minors soon, each start has been worse than the one before this season

im not gonna look it up but if you start in april may june ect. whenever you start somewhere. thats what ppl mean by start early.

I know someone who ran into Mat in Atlanta after an Atlanta/San Diego game in which Mat pitched and lost. This person and a couple of friends asked for an autograph (which he is notorious for being a complete ***** about - in fact there's a video on Youtube where he and a SD teammate are together, getting ready to go inside Petco and there are some younger, probably teenaged guys hanging out asking both for autographs - I'm talking maybe 10 people, give or take and Latos flat out refuses to sign anything and stands and laughs while his teammate signs everything) - anyways, back to my friends (actually a cousin of mine and his friend and this particular cousin works for TNT/Ted Turner, so he meets a lot of people and does NOT make ish up, so I believe this completely....

He said that after they were refused (and very rudely so, my cousin added), one of them made a comment something to the effect of "wow, that's pretty rude coming from the losing pitcher tonight" to which Latos, while walking away with his GF/wife (don't know if they were married yet at this time, don't think they were actually) sorta "yelled" back, "hey, that doesn't matter one little bit to me, I'm getting paid just the same amount to lose as I am to win".

Maybe he said it out of anger towards them, but then again, maybe that IS (or WAS at that time) his attitude towards the game. I sure do hope if so that said attitude has changed in the 2 or 3 yrs. since that incident.

I've often been worred, since we acquired Mat as to whether or not he is a clubhouse "cancer" - I sure do remember reading stories about how he sorta was in the SD clubhouse, at least for a time and how Heath Bell ended up "going off" on his ass at one point.

Some, if not most of you might disagree w/me on this next point (or simply not care either way), but his wife needs to wind it back a bit on Twitter as far as some of the things she posts. Tweeting out what a horrific diet it sounds like the guy has (the other night she was posting about how he had just eaten like 1000+ calories worth of Toaster Strudles" and how there was also an empty pizza box on the kitchen counter) - just little things like that (those of you that read her tweets prob. know what I am talking about). Some of her "blog postings" are also sort of annoying as well. People have tried "setting her straight" on more than a few different things that she has blogged about, but she or someone has to "screen" all comments made to the comments section, so none of those "criticism" comments ever seem to get posted.

They're both young and she makes 'em both seem a bit annoying at times - to the point where I just had to go ahead and delete her from my twitter acct., it was getting tiresome reading of her complaining way too often (or at least it sure seemed as if it was "complaining" when she has a life most people would friggin' kill for) and as previously mentioned, making it sound as though Mat simply could care less about his diet (which is VERY important to keep yourself in top shape, sharp and on top of things in you are a professional athlete), amongst some other things I can't think of off the top of my head.

I know this is a long post, but I can't help it really, I've just been mulling over this whole Latos deal since yesterdays outing and wondering if SD didn't make out like bank robbers on us. I know he pitched well against the Giants, which makes me wonder even MORE - how hard is he really TRYING each time he goes out there and pitches a game. It was almost a given that he was going to try to pitch his best baseball vs. the Giants as it's well known that he HATES that team w/a passion. So is he giving the team his ALL every game he pitches? Or is it a "selective" process with him? (ie, "locking in" 100% against the Giants while NOT giving it the 100% that he is capable of giving against other opponents).

At first, I was very excited about the deal. I think I have talked well of Mat here in a post or 2 (not sure since I post on multiple forums). I was, to be honest, pretty excited and felt as though at WORST, we had a SOLID #3 for our rotation. But, my cousin had not told me the Atlanta story and I had not read stuff like the following article which details some of his earlier "mental issues" :

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5460639

Maybe I am just looking WAY too much into this (and I WILL give the guy til the end of May before I start growing pretty concerned overall. I mean, I'm not writing him off as a "bad trade/decision" just yet). Maybe, like he mentioned, he was not feeling good yesterday and that accounted for some of the "mistakes" he made.

One thing is for sure; Time will soon tell if things are looking better or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by mikdavrut View Post
    I know someone who ran into Mat in Atlanta after an Atlanta/San Diego game in which Mat pitched and lost. This person and a couple of friends asked for an autograph (which he is notorious for being a complete ***** about - in fact there's a video on Youtube where he and a SD teammate are together, getting ready to go inside Petco and there are some younger, probably teenaged guys hanging out asking both for autographs - I'm talking maybe 10 people, give or take and Latos flat out refuses to sign anything and stands and laughs while his teammate signs everything) - anyways, back to my friends (actually a cousin of mine and his friend and this particular cousin works for TNT/Ted Turner, so he meets a lot of people and does NOT make ish up, so I believe this completely....

He said that after they were refused (and very rudely so, my cousin added), one of them made a comment something to the effect of "wow, that's pretty rude coming from the losing pitcher tonight" to which Latos, while walking away with his GF/wife (don't know if they were married yet at this time, don't think they were actually) sorta "yelled" back, "hey, that doesn't matter one little bit to me, I'm getting paid just the same amount to lose as I am to win".

Maybe he said it out of anger towards them, but then again, maybe that IS (or WAS at that time) his attitude towards the game. I sure do hope if so that said attitude has changed in the 2 or 3 yrs. since that incident.

I've often been worred, since we acquired Mat as to whether or not he is a clubhouse "cancer" - I sure do remember reading stories about how he sorta was in the SD clubhouse, at least for a time and how Heath Bell ended up "going off" on his ass at one point.

Some, if not most of you might disagree w/me on this next point (or simply not care either way), but his wife needs to wind it back a bit on Twitter as far as some of the things she posts. Tweeting out what a horrific diet it sounds like the guy has (the other night she was posting about how he had just eaten like 1000+ calories worth of Toaster Strudles" and how there was also an empty pizza box on the kitchen counter) - just little things like that (those of you that read her tweets prob. know what I am talking about). Some of her "blog postings" are also sort of annoying as well. People have tried "setting her straight" on more than a few different things that she has blogged about, but she or someone has to "screen" all comments made to the comments section, so none of those "criticism" comments ever seem to get posted.

They're both young and she makes 'em both seem a bit annoying at times - to the point where I just had to go ahead and delete her from my twitter acct., it was getting tiresome reading of her complaining way too often (or at least it sure seemed as if it was "complaining" when she has a life most people would friggin' kill for) and as previously mentioned, making it sound as though Mat simply could care less about his diet (which is VERY important to keep yourself in top shape, sharp and on top of things in you are a professional athlete), amongst some other things I can't think of off the top of my head.

I know this is a long post, but I can't help it really, I've just been mulling over this whole Latos deal since yesterdays outing and wondering if SD didn't make out like bank robbers on us. I know he pitched well against the Giants, which makes me wonder even MORE - how hard is he really TRYING each time he goes out there and pitches a game. It was almost a given that he was going to try to pitch his best baseball vs. the Giants as it's well known that he HATES that team w/a passion. So is he giving the team his ALL every game he pitches? Or is it a "selective" process with him? (ie, "locking in" 100% against the Giants while NOT giving it the 100% that he is capable of giving against other opponents).

At first, I was very excited about the deal. I think I have talked well of Mat here in a post or 2 (not sure since I post on multiple forums). I was, to be honest, pretty excited and felt as though at WORST, we had a SOLID #3 for our rotation. But, my cousin had not told me the Atlanta story and I had not read stuff like the following article which details some of his earlier "mental issues" :

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5460639

Maybe I am just looking WAY too much into this (and I WILL give the guy til the end of May before I start growing pretty concerned overall. I mean, I'm not writing him off as a "bad trade/decision" just yet). Maybe, like he mentioned, he was not feeling good yesterday and that accounted for some of the "mistakes" he made.

One thing is for sure; Time will soon tell if things are looking better or worse.
    Lol he said strudel

He has a little bit of an attitude but that can work both ways. He gave up the cheapie HR in the 7th and 2 total. GABP can be to blame a little for this outing I guess. I think he will get better as the weather warms up. I am suprised however that Bailey has pitched better overall.

[one of them made a comment something to the effect of "wow, that's pretty rude coming from the losing pitcher tonight" to which Latos, while walking away with his GF/wife (don't know if they were married yet at this time, don't think they were actually) sorta "yelled" back, "hey, that doesn't matter one little bit to me, I'm getting paid just the same amount to lose as I am to win".

Sounds kinda like a dick move by your cousin or friend to make that comment IMO, surprised that was the only response he got
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?