Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moerlein House = Wrigley South?

Re: Moerlein House = Wrigley South?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    So they are overpriced, slow, and it takes a long time to get in, plus...they are reaching out to Cubs fans, yet I should still go there?

No thanks.
    No one should go there. But lots of people who haven't been there would love it.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    No one should go there. But lots of people who haven't been there would love it.
    Is that you, Yogi?

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Is that you, Yogi?
    If you ask me a question I don't know, I'm not going to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz Dorsey View Post
    I know it's the new hot spot around the park, but I will never go there after a Reds game now. Very disappointing.
    That's kind of silly. Yes, they made a stupid marketing mistake, but if you want to go there, you should still do it. You should at least go and ask for a free apology beer.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I'm totally going to ask for an apology beer.

I bet they give me one.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

I don't see whats to be so upset about, if the Cubs didn't pack the Reds park repeatedly this probably wouldn't be a marketing gimmick.
    Go Gators!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I don't see whats to be so upset about, if the Cubs didn't pack the Reds park repeatedly this probably wouldn't be a marketing gimmick.
    You don't see a problem with a Cincinnati based establishment within a baseballs throw of the Reds stadium catering to opposing fans?

That's a shame. I'm a big fan of Christian Moerlein. Seeing the ad, I don't see how anyone can view it as anything other than marketing for the Cubs fans.

Maybe as an apology to Reds fans, they should change the name of the place to "Burgerville" for the Cubs series. For those who don't know, Waite Hoyt used to refer to the Sun Deck at Crosley Field as "Burgerville" for Reds sponsor Burger Beer.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    You don't see a problem with a Cincinnati based establishment within a baseballs throw of the Reds stadium catering to opposing fans?
    Nope, they probably know from experience that Cub fans will be out in force.
    Go Gators!

It shouldn't have been a marketing gimmick in the first place. Cincinnatians are the lifeblood for the place. Don't do something to tick them off just for a boost over a three game series. Who does the marketing for them, Herb Tarlek and Arthur Carlson?

If I were running Moerlein Lager House, I'd seriously think about a) getting a new marketing firm, pronto, and b) coming up with some big event to counter the bad pr.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I think you're overestimating the casual fan giving two flips about this or never going to the place again because of it, but I guess we'll see.
    Go Gators!

I think you're overestimating the casual fan giving two flips about this or never going to the place again because of it, but I guess we'll see.
    I would say that a lot of Reds fans would avoid the place, at least during the Cubs series, just so that they don't have to deal with a bunch of annoying Cubs fans.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Nope. It's a business, just like the Cincinnati Reds. And I have news for you: the Reds don't care about you unless you're willing to spend money on them. You owe them no allegiance (unless you want to).

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    expect long lines at the door, slow-but-friendly service, good food, great beer, great views of the city, and a large bill.
    Haven't had the opportunity yet to go there, would love to, but the above is why I "boycott" these places on game day. Not because of a wrong-headed ad done without first engaging the brain.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I would say that a lot of Reds fans would avoid the place, at least during the Cubs series, just so that they don't have to deal with a bunch of annoying Cubs fans.
    I got a buddy who makes up these really nifty little stink bombs. Yeah it's childish, but every once in awhile he'll drop one at work, on the assembly line, to "liven" up the place. Man do they smell horrid!

We can always pay a quick visit to Wrigley South!

I really miss SCRedsFan. Been to a RZ get-together with him when they played the Cubs. He hated the Cubs (fans) with a passion not matched by many, and let them know it when any walked in the bar.
    Last edited by GAC; 05-01-2012 at 05:18 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?