Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Junior Seau Dead

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Report: Junior Seau Dead

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/02/junior-seau-dead/

NFL legend Junior Seau was found dead in his home in Oceanside, CA ... and cops are investigating a shooting ... multiple law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Cops are currently at Seau's home just outside San Diego. Seau was 43-years-old ... and leaves behind 3 kids and an ex-wife.

Re: Report: Junior Seau Dead

Speculation is a suicide. Shame.

I don't want to get ahead of anything, but if this is a suicide I wonder what the debate is going to look like with CTE and the long term outlook for football. This is very high profile.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I don't want to get ahead of anything, but if this is a suicide I wonder what the debate is going to look like with CTE and the long term outlook for football. This is very high profile.
    I like football but I think the game needs fundamental changes -- not just more padding and game-delaying rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I like football but I think the game needs fundamental changes -- not just more padding and game-delaying rules.
    Has to fundamentally change at some point in many ways. No contact practices, no kickoffs, no punting. If that won't be enough then I'm not sure what else you can do.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

What can you really do though? It's just kind of the nature of the game.

Not that I don't see a future where it's possible that the lawmakers step in and say enough is enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    What can you really do though? It's just kind of the nature of the game.
    I don't know. I watch pro-football and like it but there's something uninspiring about it -- overpadded robots hurling at each other, over-specialization, silly rule parsing (he had control before the second knee touched the ground, blah, blah, blah).

There's a beauty, simplicity and grace to baseball, basketball, soccer that's just plain missing in the NFL product. Can't put my finger on it exactly. And don't know what to do to change it.

Giving them flags would be my first choice.

Wow.

That's terrible news. Hate to speculate, but years of head trauma can do terrible things. That's why I'm glad Goodell is trying to make the game safer.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

I'm curious too. If reports are accurate a gun shot wound to the chest would lead me to believe he wanted his brain left to study.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

I wonder why ESPN hasn't reported on this yet? Its 12:03 right now and TMZ and Yahoo have had this for over an hour and yet ESPN doesn't even have an "Unconfirmed Report" on their site.

Really sad. He has 3 kids and I guess he texted them all yesterday that he loved them. Was found by his housekeeper this morning.

I wonder why ESPN hasn't reported on this yet? Its 12:03 right now and TMZ and Yahoo have had this for over an hour and yet ESPN doesn't even have an "Unconfirmed Report" on their site.

Really sad. He has 3 kids and I guess he texted them all yesterday that he loved them. Was found by his housekeeper this morning.
    I think they're just being cautious. After the Joe Paterno false news, I think that's a smart move.

I hate to read of this. Such a shame.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

I just read that now 8 players from the 1994 Chargers Super Bowl team have died before the age of 45

Turn Off Ads?