Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5/1/2012 Reds vs Little Bears

5/1/2012 Reds vs Little Bears

Here's the Reds lineup via baseballpress.com. I was looking at the radar earlier today and it looked like rain could be a problem tonight. How's it looking in Cincy right now?

. Zack Cozart (R) SS
    2. Drew Stubbs (R) CF
    3. Joey Votto (L) 1B
    4. Brandon Phillips (R) 2B
    5. Jay Bruce (L) RF
    6. Scott Rolen (R) 3B
    7. Chris Heisey (R) LF
    8. Ryan Hanigan (R) C
    9. Bronson Arroyo (R) P
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 5/1/2012 Reds vs Little Bears

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I was looking at the radar earlier today and it looked like rain could be a problem tonight. How's it looking in Cincy right now?
    Looks like there are a few storms popping in Kentucky at the moment. Here is the current NWS forecast.
    http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...2=-84.5175&e=0
    This Afternoon: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. South wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 63. South wind between 5 and 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

If that one big patch rain goes east the game should be OK. If it goes south then it may be in trouble.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

that stuff in Indy looks pretty nasty
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I have to laugh, it was so predictable that Stubbs would hit second tonight.

I wish somebody could explain why they removed him from the second spot last week. It was working. So he went back to leadoff and he slumped again.

After a tough game Sunday, I kind of figured Drew would hit second tonight. Hey Reds, Drew gets good pitches hitting second. He's coming off a tough year and can do damage in the two spot. Leave him there. Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by Kc61; 05-01-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I have to laugh, it was so predictable that Stubbs would hit second tonight.

I wish somebody could explain why they removed him from the second spot last week. It was working. So he went back to leadoff and he slumped again.

After a tough game Sunday, I kind of figured Drew would hit second tonight. Hey Reds, Drew gets good pitches hitting second. He's coming off a tough year and can do damage in the two spot. Leave him there. Thanks for your time.
    Maybe because it wasn't working for Cozart?

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Probably correct. With Drew "back on track" Dusty probably thought Cozart was slumping and could benefit from the two slot.

Given Drew's very tough 2011, I just think the decision was hasty. Drew needs the reps in that two spot, let him see good pitches and regain his confidence. He also can do more damage in the spot, Drew has the power.

Let's hope both Cozart and Stubbs do well in the next stretch of games and solidify the top of the order, one way or the other.

NL Central champs

Cubbies lineup:

1. David DeJesus (L) RF
    2. Tony Campana (L) CF
    3. Starlin Castro (R) SS
    4. Bryan LaHair (L) 1B
    5. Alfonso Soriano (R) LF
    6. Ian Stewart (L) 3B
    7. Blake DeWitt (L) 2B
    8. Geovany Soto (R) C
    9. Jeff Samardzija (R) P

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Probably correct. With Drew "back on track" Dusty probably thought Cozart was slumping and could benefit from the two slot.

Given Drew's very tough 2011, I just think the decision was hasty. Drew needs the reps in that two spot, let him see good pitches and regain his confidence. He also can do more damage in the spot, Drew has the power.

Let's hope both Cozart and Stubbs do well in the next stretch of games and solidify the top of the order, one way or the other.
    To make it fair they should alternate every other game.

It looks like the first round of heavy rain is almost through the area but there is a small break and then a second round coming in. So I think they get the game in but I expect there will be delays.

They are getting ready to put the tarp back on to get ready for the next round of rain which should be starting soon.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Then drop Cozart lower in the lineup...don't bump him UP. And for goodness sake, get Brandon out of the cleanup spot. Have HIM leadoff.

Anyone know if any of the games are on WGN?
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

It is absolutely pouring right now. I face the ballpark from my apartment next to the arena and can only make out the light towers right now. Some bright lightning, too.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

There is another system of rain in southeast Indiana as I type, getting ready to pour through for the next hour or so. And there are storm clouds popping up behind that system back by the Illinois border and that system is slowly growing. Yikes. It's a super soaker night, that's for sure. I'll be surprised if they get the game in.

Here is the best national radar site I always visit: http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/full_loop.php

Turn Off Ads?