Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the problem with the reds is GABP..

the problem with the reds is GABP..

The reason the Reds struggle is GABP... too many players that swing for fence not enough players that can play small ball work the count and get on base. Bases loaded the opposing pitcher struggling to find the strike zone, why the next batter up swings at the very first pitch across the plate???!! Happens time and tiime again. There's no accountability, no true leader that will get in a guys face and make them do what's best for the team. Stubbs is the fastest player on the team but do you see the Speed in the outfield. I hate to see bloop hits fall in front of him.. Use your speed to catch it!!! He should average 40 stolen bases every year with his speed!!! Never happens. He's more worried about Homeruns. The Cardinals just plug in hitters after Pujols left and not miss a beat..Because the players they sign are "professional" Hitters and put the team first instead of trying to fatting up their stats unlike the Reds players. The Reds are a far better team on paper than the Cardinals but consistently give games away against mediocre pitchers. A clear message needs to be sent to this team or the players need to now their define role. If they don't do their job they need to sit the bench simple as that.
    Last edited by ShaySongz; 05-02-2012 at 09:47 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: the problem with the reds is GABP..

This team is a .500 ball club..average. Average pitching, inconsistent hitting formula for third place. I'm just waiting on football season and Kings island to open up daily. wouldn't waste my time tuning and purchasing a ticket to watch this team. I'm not an idiot. This team is not improved from last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaySongz View Post
    This team is a .500 ball club..average. Average pitching, inconsistent hitting formula for third place. I'm just waiting on football season and Kings island to open up daily. wouldn't waste my time tuning and purchasing a ticket to watch this team. I'm not an idiot. This team is not improved from last year.
    Meet the new team, same as the old team. They are no better off now than they were last year at this time. Welcome to yet another sub 500 season.
    Last edited by dabvu2498; 05-03-2012 at 08:27 AM.

I transcend race, hombre LaFlamaBlanca's Avatar

Okay. Then would you stop posting please? Some of us actually enjoy Reds baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by LaFlamaBlanca View Post
    Okay. Then would you stop posting please? Some of us actually enjoy Reds baseball.
    agree.

1 game below .500 in early May isn't time to throw in the towel but getting shut down by samardzija was pretty embarassing

not rly did you watch him pitch?

Plan to be spontaneous Jefferson24's Avatar

I picked them at 1 over .500. Seems about right.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

i dont think most of you realize how long a baseball season is.

in 2010 after 23 games reds were 12-11
    the cardinals were 15-8

the reds this year are 11-12
    the cardinals are 16-8 (1 extra game than us)

not saying you should not have concerns but cmon some of this is crazy

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

In 2010 there were no expectations.
    In 2012 there are huge expectations.

That makes a big difference in how people perceive things.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    In 2010 there were no expectations.
    In 2012 there are huge expectations.

That makes a big difference in how people perceive things.
    from the sound of things not every1 had expectations

Reds never play well with expectations..They have always been a team that catches lighting in a bottle and over achieves in win for one year 1999,2010..Bengals have a better track record of making it to the playoffs in the last five years. Bash Mike Brown please. Listen to the phones calls after the game, interviews before the game no one ask the tough questions to why this team doesn't PLAY WITH HEART!! AND DETERMINATION
    Last edited by ShaySongz; 05-03-2012 at 05:21 AM.

This team needs to take a trip to the Wizard because it needs some heart and a Brain...

This team needs to take a trip to the Wizard because it needs some heart and a Brain...
    and bigger bats?
    Bowled 9 300 games, semi-retired!

Nothing like bowling a 300 game

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ohioballplayer View Post
    and bigger bats?
    And bigger balls? Oh, I guess heart covers that.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

Turn Off Ads?