7. Ian Stewart (L) 3B
    8. Geovany Soto (R) C
    9. Ryan Dempster (R) P

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds vs. Cubs Thursday 5/3

What the hell kind of lineup is this?

You have to feel sorry for Homer today

They call it DustyBall for a reason

I'm assuming Cozart is hurt from the collision yesterday?

But why Valdez/Harris over Frazier

Frazier should be at 3rd and Valdez at SS

Willie Harris is hitting .097

Maybe Dusty also labors under the delusion that whoever bats in front of Votto automatically becomes the next Ted Williams? Or, cross your fingers, maybe this is Willie Harris' last chance? Naw. What am I thinking?
    Last edited by texasdave; 05-03-2012 at 10:34 AM.

I am stirring the tea leaves right now. Kinda interested to see what they say. I see a 6-2 ball game. One way or the other. Reds should win this one no matter how unorthodox the line up is. But I am using tea bags instead of tea leaves so you never know.

Two left handed bats in a row, and three out of four?

But what will happen come the 7th inning?

(Admittedly, one of them is Willie Harris...)

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Maybe Dusty also labors under the delusion that whoever bats in front of Votto automatically becomes the next Ted Williams? Or, cross your fingers, maybe this is Willie Harris' last chance? Naw. What am I thinking?
    I think we have to be getting close to this. He's a fringe player to begin with and his start has been awful. Not even having good AB's or making good contact. Now he's gotten a strangely timed PH appearance followed by a start over Frazier. I'm guessing he's nearing the end here.

I understand that dusty is going to get everyone on the bench some starts, and I like that, but man this is an ugly lineup.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

Maybe we should stick with last night's lineup. They sure seemed to hit well.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Maybe we should stick with last night's lineup. They sure seemed to hit well.
    That wasn't the fault of last night's lineup. Ask Dusty. You just have to tip your cap sometimes. I watched some of that post-game interview with Baker last night and he had that little "I know more than you" grin working overtime. I think secretly he was pretty proud of his team. Swing early and often. Check. Don't clog the bases. Check. Heck, they only started clogging the bases in one inning. Put two runners on in the fourth. The fact that that was the inning in which they scored their only run was coincidental, I'm sure.
    Last edited by texasdave; 05-03-2012 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I understand that dusty is going to get everyone on the bench some starts, and I like that, but man this is an ugly lineup.

Not everyone. Frazier will be the one sitting way down on the end of the bench trying to figure out exactly what he has to do to get some playing time.

Not everyone. Frazier will be the one sitting way down on the end of the bench trying to figure out exactly what he has to do to get some playing time.
    I would have rather seen him get the start at third today. I don't mind the other gguys getting starts, Harris and Valdez on the same day is a bit much tho.

This is sad, there is no other way to put it. Either Dusty has lost it and really has no grasp any longer on the game, or Willie Harris put the voodo on Dusty or has something on him. There is ZERO reason why he is on this team let alone playing. I stated that when Frazier got called up I would be shocked if he started anymore then 3 games while Cario is on the DL. Well Cario will rejoin the team Monday in Milwaukee and I doubt Fraizer gets any starts between now and then which means he will have gotten what...like maybe 2 starts over this time and will be back at Lousiville working on those skills come Monday. I am so glad the games I am going to this year have some sweet giveaways, cause this team under it's present leadership won't be battling for a playoff spot...

The Reds have three relievers sporting a 0.00 ERA here in the first week of May. Sweet. Reds relief corps is second in the league with a combined 2.69 ERA. They trail only the San Diego Petcos. In the last 13 IP the Reds BP has given up just five hits, no runs, 5 walks, 0 homers, while striking out 12 opponents.
    Last edited by texasdave; 05-03-2012 at 11:36 AM.

The Reds have three relievers sporting a 0.00 ERA here in the first week of May. Sweet.

That is great...and we are under .500 with a pitching staff overall ERA I bet under 4...which means we should be better then we are...but looking at today's lineup explains it all

Harris has three hits so far. Three.

Turn Off Ads?