Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: They "Aren't" Who we thought they were

This is the year

They "Aren't" Who we thought they were

I'd say its about time to wake up and smell the Crap thats been around us all year that we have been just spraying Febreez on.

This is not a World Series caliber team. We were fed a load of horse doo doo all off season. It's just not going to happen. I will still follow and pray for a miracle turn around. However My expectations of this team have changed and im going back to how i usually follow the reds in previous years. Basically hoping for a miracle like 2010 that we at least make the playoffs only to get swept.

You can say its too early and omg the sky is falling thread. However, laugh will be on you when push comes to shove. Your just stringing yourself out further.

Its just time to wake up... This team, as unfortunate as it is, Just isn't who we thought they could be.

Am I saying there's no way in hell we make the playoffs. No not at all. Because i still hate the cardinals and dont think they are as good as they are playing right now. We just need to drop our expectations a tad. Its like jumping from a 3 story building lets go down to the first level so it hurts less when we fall. lol

2. Turn Off Ads?
    This is the year

Re: They "Aren't" Who we thought they were

Scratch that possibility of playoffs thing. Were starting valdez AND HARRIS today. lmao. Im going to go puke now.

I think the talent is there, it's just not being used right. You can give me all the ingrediants to make a wonderful meal and I couldn't do it no matter how hard I tried, but give limited supplies to a top level chef and watch out...magic....

The ingrediants are there, just not being used right...

While I never thought of this as a World Series caliber team to begin with, anything is possible -- see STL last year. I'm going to wait awhile longer before kicking them to the curb. We started slowly (4-8), but we did have three series against teams that have been two of the top three in the NL through the first month of the season.

While I always hate losing to the Cubs, keep in mind we were 7-3 over our previous ten games. Samardzija was on his game. He may have beaten anyone in the entire league last night. Our offense has sputtered, but our pitching and defense have been strong for the most part, even with Latos off to his usual slow start. We haven't seen this team at it's best yet.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I think the talent is there, it's just not being used right. You can give me all the ingrediants to make a wonderful meal and I couldn't do it no matter how hard I tried, but give limited supplies to a top level chef and watch out...magic....

That says it perfectly

Unfortunately, I don't think Chef Dusty or Chef Jacoby are going anywhere anytime soon, but I do think we could still add an ingredient or two.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwreds31 View Post
    Scratch that possibility of playoffs thing. Were starting valdez AND HARRIS today. lmao. Im going to go puke now.
    I absolutely cannot understand Dusty's infatuation with Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I absolutely cannot understand Dusty's infatuation with Harris.
    He is a lefty

Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    He is a lefty

Who also brings veteran creaminess...

Unfortunately, I don't think Chef Dusty or Chef Jacoby are going anywhere anytime soon, but I do think we could still add an ingredient or two.
    If 405-428 Record doesn't get you fired...not sure what it would take..

If 405-428 Record doesn't get you fired...not sure what it would take..
    Jerry Sandusky type accusations?

This is the year

While I never thought of this as a World Series caliber team to begin with, anything is possible -- see STL last year. I'm going to wait awhile longer before kicking them to the curb. We started slowly (4-8), but we did have three series against teams that have been two of the top three in the NL through the first month of the season.

While I always hate losing to the Cubs, keep in mind we were 7-3 over our previous ten games. Samardzija was on his game. He may have beaten anyone in the entire league last night. Our offense has sputtered, but our pitching and defense have been strong for the most part, even with Latos off to his usual slow start. We haven't seen this team at it's best yet.
    You cant really say that. The reds make Pitchers look that way because their terrible. I mean as long as i dont walk people i could pitch right now vs my nephews 10yr old baseball team. And i would look like nolan ryan. When the other team is that bad it doesnt mean im really that good or was really that good that particular night.

Point in case Look at today. All of the sudden the cubs have 2 all-star pitchers? Doubtful.

Ok last nights excuse for the notre dame TE having a pitch count in the eighties in the eighth inning was because he was dealing..lol ok what's todays excuse? They didn't get much sleep last night and had to play a noon game? Or Dusty played a washed up utility player a chance to play. I would be so happy so see Dusty throw a water cooler on the field when one of the players can't get a bunt down, or toss some bats on the field when a player swings on a 3-0 count and grounds into a double play..dam right I would be mad. I wanna see that he cares I wanna see him yank a player in the middle of a game for swinging at bad pitches. This team is lethargic, apathetic, emotionless, stubborn and lazy, mentally weak. I'm already looking at draft picks coming out for next year hoping we don't pick 14 again..and again it's kinda like ground hog day with this organization..

Who also brings veteran creaminess...
    What the hell is "veteran creaminess" supposed to mean? You say this all the time and you sound like an imbecile.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

That's horsecrap. I hate Dusty as much as anyone, but this is just a bad team and there's nothing he can do about it.

Turn Off Ads?