Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Welke strikes again

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Welke strikes again

Anyone just see the play from the COL-LA game where he calls the baserunner out with the first baseman 3 feet (literally) off the bag?

This is the same guy who screwed the Reds out of the Giants sweep by ignoring strike 3 right down the middle of the plate to Angel Pagan before the 3-run homer.

Time for mandatory eye exam... or forced retirement???
    Rounding third and heading for home...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Welke strikes again

yea it was on yahoo. kinda funny. how do u miss that bad.

time to him to find another occupation, that was just the most terrible call I have ever seen.

Welke
    Bowled 12, 300 games, I'm BACK!!

Bowling a 300 game never gets old

Don't the umps have to huddle up and get that call right? I guess it is more important to save face.

Vottobot

Could possibly be the worst call I've seen in years, honestly this guy needs to be reviewed by the league
    Go Redlegs!!

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index...b_1&mode=video

You must not have seen this call from the night before. Click on link. Click on video. Then click on Francouer's hit ruled a double.

Just awful. The guy should be fired. There is absolutely no excuse for this at the highest level of the sport.

http://calltothepen.com/2012/05/03/s...es-blown-call/

there were 2 bad calls at 1st in sf game (both ways) both at 1st. don't think was same guy but wow. not has bad but still missed.

I wonder if these guys wear glass's or contacts.Much less have to take eye exams every year.The union is so strong they can do what they want.Bud Selig is a joke and cares nothing about replay or improving the game.

I don't mind the bad call, as his angle of the play was clearly shielded. But, he should of manned up after and admitted he missed the call. That's why everyone hates MLB umpires, not because they miss calls but because they are perceived by many as arrogant pricks.

Turn Off Ads?