Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thursday, May 3 Minor League Updates (Dayton video for free)

Re: Thursday, May 3 Minor League Updates (Dayton video for free)

Jefry Sierra just nailed a runner at third. That young man has a strong arm.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Jefry Sierra just nailed a runner at third. That young man has a strong arm.
    If he could hit even a little bit, he would be a real prospect. He can really play some defense.

Henry Rodriguez with an infield single with the bases loaded plates the first for the Blue Wahoos. 3-1. Jacksonville making a pitching change.

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

I don't know if anyone else is watching this Dragons game, but I was shocked when they showed that Buckley is hitting below the Mendoza line. He looked pretty bad in his AB in the 6th striking out on three pitches. I really thought he would be a guy who would be a big bat in the Dragons' line-up.

BTW, Sierra did make a great throw to gun the runner out at third. Quezada really needed that out. He seemed to be struggling way more in the sixth than the first five innings combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I don't know if anyone else is watching this Dragons game, but I was shocked when they showed that Buckley is hitting below the Mendoza line. He looked pretty bad in his AB in the 6th striking out on three pitches. I really thought he would be a guy who would be a big bat in the Dragons' line-up.

BTW, Sierra did make a great throw to gun the runner out at third. Quezada really needed that out. He seemed to be struggling way more in the sixth than the first five innings combined.
    Buckley missed some spring training, so he might still be trying to catch up to everyone. There was a time where he was thought to not break with the Dragons because he wouldn't have enough to time catch up. Maybe he didn't, but he was sent there anyways.

Pensacola had the bases loaded with no outs and was only able to get one run as the side was struck out. The last two were facing a reliever throwing 96-98 on the stadium gun (I have no idea how accurate the Pensacola stadium gun is to be fair). I looked him up though and found reports of him topping out at 99, so it probably isn't off that much if at all.

Ryan Wright just made a "web gem" play chasing down a soft fly ball in short right field. He certainly looks like the most promising position player for the Dragons tonight.

James Allen doesn't look too bad on the bump, either.

Ryan Wright just made a "web gem" play chasing down a soft fly ball in short right field. He certainly looks like the most promising position player for the Dragons tonight.

James Allen doesn't look too bad on the bump, either.
    For as good as that play was, it was the 4th best play I have seen in the minor leagues tonight!

Allen just gave up a 2 run opposite field shot. Dayton down 4-2.

Wow, James Allen made me eat some crow pretty fast. After Wright's great defensive play, Allen recorded an out, then gave up a rocket down the first base line that he was lucky remained only a single. He followed that up allowing a bomb. Not good.

Whoops, doug is faster than me haha.

Pensacola loses3-1 as PJ Phillips looks at a 99 MPH called strike 3.

McMyne looked really solid after allowing a lead-off double to start the ninth. He got the next two and then Kd the last batter.

McMyne looked really solid after allowing a lead-off double to start the ninth. He got the next two and then Kd the last batter.
    I like his arm. Good fastball and breaking ball. As long as he can keep throwing strikes, he should move through the system rather quickly.

Dayton was able to tie the game in the bottom of the 9th with a walk, HBP and some hits. Now heading to extras.

Louisville is tied at 3 in the bottom of the 9th with a runner on first for Durham and no outs.

Daniel Corcino is on the mound for Pensacola in game two. He goes up against top pitching prospect Taijuan Walker. Could be an interesting game to see play out.

Turn Off Ads?