Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willie Harris needs a "Willie Mays Hayes" tagline

takealeake

Willie Harris needs a "Willie Mays Hayes" tagline

I think it would be neat if Willie Harris came up with a tag line like Willie Mays Hayes in Major League, somehow combining the worst of Willie Greene and Lenny Harris.

I can see it now:

"Who are you?"

"Willie Harris. D like Greene. Stop on a penny like Lenny"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Willie Harris needs a "Willie Mays Hayes" tagline

Quote Originally Posted by takealeake View Post
    I think it would be neat if Willie Harris came up with a tag line like Willie Mays Hayes in Major League, somehow combining the worst of Willie Greene and Lenny Harris.

I can see it now:

"Who are you?"

"Willie Harris. D like Greene. Stop on a penny like Lenny"

How about Wille ".088" Harris

sry Iīm from Germany so my english isnīt that good but I hope you can understand me.

Iīm a big Reds fan, but I canīt understand huge parts of the redlegnation (on this site)

There are 6 topic about harris/dusty baker/ the most frustrating players/ jockety.

I know that the reds had a bad start, but what did you expect? that rolen is playing like a 29 year old? that arroyo, leake and bailey play like aces? that mez plays every game and has a huge impact?

We went into the season with lots of questions: How is Rolen playing this year? can mez and cozart come up to expectations? Is Cueto really an ace? Can stubbs stop to strike out that much? Ludwick and Heisey in left field?

There are so many questions and holes in our lineup that it is not that surprising that we are 12-12.

In germany we support our favorite team and we donīt call out every player, the gm and the coach after 15% of the season. 6 topics only to bash the own players and managers?

+1 ^^^^

Its well put sir. Thank you.

On a flip side this is a board to celebrate and vent. Most of these people venting I would bet still flip on the tube or internet to check out what the reds did that day or day before. They are good fans who want so much better for a team the is better then the .500 record they have put up.
    2012 is Going To Be a Great Year!!

Quote Originally Posted by tomnuetten View Post
    sry Iīm from Germany so my english isnīt that good but I hope you can understand me.

Iīm a big Reds fan, but I canīt understand huge parts of the redlegnation (on this site)

There are 6 topic about harris/dusty baker/ the most frustrating players/ jockety.

I know that the reds had a bad start, but what did you expect? that rolen is playing like a 29 year old? that arroyo, leake and bailey play like aces? that mez plays every game and has a huge impact?

We went into the season with lots of questions: How is Rolen playing this year? can mez and cozart come up to expectations? Is Cueto really an ace? Can stubbs stop to strike out that much? Ludwick and Heisey in left field?

There are so many questions and holes in our lineup that it is not that surprising that we are 12-12.

In germany we support our favorite team and we donīt call out every player, the gm and the coach after 15% of the season. 6 topics only to bash the own players and managers?
    Great points and welcome! How did you become such a big Reds fan living in Germany if I may ask?

I have relatives from cincinnati and dayton and they sent some reds fan stuff (caps and a shirt) so I started to follow the reds. At my first trip to the United States, they took me to a reds game (The reds lost I think 9:0 but I still enjoyed the game ). Now I try to watch every reds game, but it is not easy because every game that starts at 7ET starts in germany at 1 am.

Last year I made a trip (with my girlfriend) and watched a reds game live at citifield in new york.

Yeah thats the way I fall in love with the Reds and the Bengals!

Quote Originally Posted by tom nuetten View Post
    I have relatives from cincinnati and dayton and they sent some reds fan stuff (caps and a shirt) so I started to follow the reds. At my first trip to the United States, they took me to a reds game (The reds lost I think 9:0 but I still enjoyed the game ). Now I try to watch every reds game, but it is not easy because every game that starts at 7ET starts in germany at 1 am.

Last year I made a trip (with my girlfriend) and watched a reds game live at citifield in new york.

Yeah thats the way I fall in love with the Reds and the Bengals!
    That's awesome, toast a lager for me

takealeake

In Germany? You mean after the 2010 World Cup when Spain eliminated Germany and fans were rioting? Sorry, I would say some message board rants are about the least of anyones worries with any sports teams.

Quote Originally Posted by takealeake View Post
    In Germany? You mean after the 2010 World Cup when Spain eliminated Germany and fans were rioting? Sorry, I would say some message board rants are about the least of anyones worries with any sports teams.
    germany had sometimes riots (not after the world cup loss in 2010 or the german media didnīt report, but that is really unlikely because they love to write about such stuff...), but most time those rioters arenīt supporters of a team, their criminals who like to fight and they use some sport events (soccer or hockey) to meet with friends and fight against an other group.

But that wasnīt the case in 2010...

I wrote that I donīt understand some users at this website who bashes their team after 15% of the season, thatīs all....

Sites like this help me vent when need be so I'm not yelling at the tv and annoying the family.

Willie Harris sucks. I'm ok with everything else as far as players on this team. Dusty drives me crazy a lot but I've been pretty tolerable as it is so early.....that being said I want the Reds to have the best chance to win every game with games off in consideration. His use of relief pitchers in extra innings really bothers me.

Great team win tonight! Loved the RBI bunt by Heisey.

Willie Harris again proved his worthlessness without even playing.

Star Joey Votto on defense hustles over to the dugout railing to potentially end the inning and Harris not only does not get up to the railing to potentially help catch him if he falls or loses balance....or communicate, but Harris turns and ducks his head on a bench 5 feet from the play. Votto ripped his and Hanigan's ass for not being there to potentially assist. Hanigan was at least watching the game.

dusty almost let him pitch hit today (thank god he changed his mind)

We're bashing Baker and his ridiculous decisions based on more than FOUR YEARS of stupidity. In Germany coaches like Baker are sent to the Russian front!

Cubs DFA'd Blake Dewitt and called up Travis Wood.

Not a huge DeWitt fan....but I'd literally take anyone over Harris. Just having him in Dusty's mind to use in any situation scares me.

How about Lenny Harris? Lol

Willie "embarrass" Harris?
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?