Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friday May 4, 2012 Minor League Updates

Re: Friday May 4, 2012 Minor League Updates

Wirfin Obispo throwing some more shutout ball. Can we redo that prospect list?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Lutz to LF and Hamilton to CF please.

Lutz has a chance to take over the team lead for OPS with another good week. His emergence as a viable LF candidate is among the best things happening in the Red minor league pipeline.

Bakersfield has three players (Lutz, Hamilton, and Vidal) in the top 11 in OPS in the California League (min. 50 ABs).

Looks like Yorman is gonna have to sink or swim out there in Bakersfield. Right now sink is ahead.
    They threw him in the leadoff spot last night, and he responds with another 0-fer. He's been all over that lineup, the only constant being the results. Feels to me like he has the organization grasping at straws right now.

By the All-Star Break, I would love to see a Pensacola lineup featuring

CF Hamilton
    SS Gregorius
    3B Rodriguez/Vidal (if Rodriguez is promoted)
    LF Lutz
    2B Greene
    1B Guzman
    RF Whomever
    C Fleury

SP Corcino
    SP Sulbaran
    SP Cingrani
    SP Lotzkar

That would be one hell of a minor league team!
    Go BLUE!!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    By the All-Star Break, I would love to see a Pensacola lineup featuring

CF Hamilton
    SS Gregorius
    3B Rodriguez/Vidal (if Rodriguez is promoted)
    LF Lutz
    2B Greene
    1B Guzman
    RF Whomever
    C Fleury

SP Corcino
    SP Sulbaran
    SP Cingrani
    SP Lotzkar

That would be one hell of a minor league team!
    And LaMarre goes where?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    And LaMarre goes where?
    We've been through this. Either he starts hitting and goes to Louisville, or he could play RF/4th OF. I would not let Ryan LaMarre impede the progress of Billy Hamilton, who is a much better prospect at this point.

Hamilton could play SS if Gregorius is promoted to Louisville (something else I would consider), but ultimately it's going to be up or out for LaMarre.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Lutz to LF and Hamilton to CF please.
    I agree that Hamilton is very intriguing as a CF solution, but fall in with the school that thinks he should stay at SS as long as he shows the potential to play it.

That said, it strikes me that the pairing of Hamilton and Lutz is just about precisely what the big club needs. The trouble with the lineup is the absence of both a leadoff hitter and a cleanup hitter (or at least another middle-of-the-order guy if Bruce is finally allowed to clean up). Hamilton and Lutz are tracking to fill those voids ideally. I only wish they were another year and a half or so along in their development. We'll simply have to wait for the pieces to fall into place.
    Last edited by mace; 05-05-2012 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    We've been through this. Either he starts hitting and goes to Louisville, or he could play RF/4th OF. I would not let Ryan LaMarre impede the progress of Billy Hamilton, who is a much better prospect at this point.

Hamilton could play SS if Gregorius is promoted to Louisville (something else I would consider), but ultimately it's going to be up or out for LaMarre.
    SS Hamilton (if Gregorius is promoted to Louisville)
    CF LaMarre
    3B Costanzo/Vidal (if/when Rodriguez is promoted to Louisville)
    LF Lutz
    2B Greene
    1B Guzman
    RF Fellhauer/Puckett (although I'm not sure Puckett has the arm strength for RF)
    C Fleury

would be the alternative if LaMarre is not ready for Louisville.
    Go BLUE!!!

I was thinking last night of something I read earlier this summer talking about Vidal being smallish to generate a lot of power at 3B in the majors. Then I looked something up. David Vidal: 5-11/185. Chris Sabo: 5-11/185. Decent comparable?

Turn Off Ads?