Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 5/5/12 - Reds at Pirates

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Re: 5/5/12 - Reds at Pirates

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Pirates pitching and Astros hitting would be a dangerous combo.
    Think if they could swap two guys each way, they would fight for years for years after the Astros roll West next year

2. Turn Off Ads?

Show off in center.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

He wasn't going to do it twice. McCutchen watched that one all the way into the mitt.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I don't see the fascination with him to be honest.
    Its mostly because he hits LH and wouldn't be a downgrade (and probably an upgrade) on defense. He'd be a better fit against RHP and this team needs that. I'd love to deal Heisey for him and platoon he and Stubbs in CF, but I think the D-Backs would want something very good for him. They don't need to deal him unless some team overpays.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

No, Astros hitting is a mirage. Big time.
    Well obviously Altuve and Lowrie aren't going to hit in the high .300's but they still have a solid offense.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Ever notice how Rolen always seems to be behind 2strikes?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Well obviously Altuve and Lowrie aren't going to hit in the high .300's but they still have a solid offense.
    Disagree. Lots of guys playing over their heads. Including Altuve & Lowrie. A comeback season from Lee would obviously help, but I don't see it happening.

Game over. This dysfunctional lineup if it stays the same will struggle every game.
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Obviously last night was our blind squirrel night. Back on board the sucky hitting train everyone. All aboard!
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Ballgame. (although Walker BARELY caught that)

A game that could have and should have been won.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Ballgame. (although Walker BARELY caught that)
    And Ludwick barely hit it!
    www.ris-news.com
    -Beano Cook

Disagree. Lots of guys playing over their heads. Including Altuve & Lowrie. A comeback season from Lee would obviously help, but I don't see it happening.
    I think they are over their heads too. But JD Martinez is the real deal IMO.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I think they are over their heads too. But JD Martinez is the real deal IMO.
    If by "real deal" you mean a decent mlb LF'er, okay. But I see a low average hitter with some decent pop. .750-.800 ops. Not bad.

He got called up after they dealt Pence to the Phil's. He never even saw AAA. Solid AA player to be sure, but I don't think even the Astros know what they have yet with him.

If by "real deal" you mean a decent mlb LF'er, okay. But I see a low average hitter with some decent pop. .750-.800 ops. Not bad.

He got called up after they dealt Pence to the Phil's. He never even saw AAA. Solid AA player to be sure, but I don't think even the Astros know what they have yet with him.
    Well, your right, he's not an MVP candidate or anything. But he'll be a good every day player who can hit in the 5 or 6 hole. I'm not sure the others will be every day players in 3 years. Altuve maybe.

Turn Off Ads?