Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: chapman needs to start soon

chapman needs to start soon

yea leake had solid night but at the end of the day thats like best he can do. we need what cueto can do shutout a team. im not saying he does it every game but he's capable of it. can chapman do this? idk but his stuff is a lot better and id like to fine out. lets just say we happen to make the playoffs you will need him.

if you need lefty in pen move sean m to 7/8th and put logan o as closer.

id like to atleast try this

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Chapman will get plenty of starts.

Bout August of 2013.....70 pitch limit until Sept then 90 pitch limit until end.

2014.....165 innings limit

2015.....CY Young for Yankees

Re: chapman needs to start soon

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Chapman will get plenty of starts.

Bout August of 2013.....70 pitch limit until Sept then 90 pitch limit until end.

2014.....165 innings limit

2015.....CY Young for Yankees
    at this rate yes

its kinda like there scared to hurt someone feelings by sending them down. so choose the easy play.

It didnt matter who pitched today. If they didnt throw up a zero they wasnt gonna win. The offense is way to up and down at this point, and alot more downs than ups.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds19 View Post
    It didnt matter who pitched today. If they didnt throw up a zero they wasnt gonna win. The offense is way to up and down at this point, and alot more downs than ups.
    thats my point tho. we need some1 that can throw a shutout every once in awhile. leake just does not have the stuff. 2 or 3 is best he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    thats my point tho. we need some1 that can throw a shutout every once in awhile. leake just does not have the stuff. 2 or 3 is best he can do.
    My point is if the reds can find a way to score 5 tonight. We're probably on here talking about how Leake had a nice start.

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds19 View Post
    My point is if the reds can find a way to score 5 tonight. We're probably on here talking about how Leake had a nice start.
    no i already thought he had a good start. i agree we need to score runs but im talking about the pitching part.

it would be a masterpiece if leake only gives up 1 run.

if reds score 1 run and cueto is pitching i feel we have a chance to win.

with bronson bailey leake i don't.

that's why we need chapman.

Pimpin...literally!!! dubc47834's Avatar

Throw a shutout every once in a while huh, so we can only win once in a while!!!! Chapman and Cueto can't pitch every other day. Also, we don't even know that Chappy can dominate as a starter. Yes, we know he can for an inning or 2. When he was in Cuba he didn't even pitch deep into games, that should tell you something. Leake has been inconsistant so far, but many people coming out of spring training was wanting him in the rotation and Bailey in the pen or traded. It's amazing how people give up on someone or the team after a few starts!!!!

no i already thought he had a good start. i agree we need to score runs but im talking about the pitching part.

it would be a masterpiece if leake only gives up 1 run.

if reds score 1 run and cueto is pitching i feel we have a chance to win.

with bronson bailey leake i don't.

that's why we need chapman.
    There isn't a pitching rotation in all of baseball that has all 5 starters that can consistantly give up 1 run games, which is what it sounds like you are asking for. Just not gonna happen. If our team was to score 1 run a game for 162 games, I would be surprised if we won 10 games. There is gonna be games where your guy gives up 7 runs in 2 innings and games where your guy shuts em out. Just the way it is.

The issues of this team won't be solved by moving Chapman to the rotation...

There are a number of changes that need to happen before this including Frazier being the everyday 3rd baseman, Stubbs batting 8th, and Bruce in the clean-up spot.

So long as Chapman gets stretched out finishes the year as a starter, and reaches his inning limit around the end of the season, Chapman's odd 2012 campaign will not be in vein, and he'll be a huge help down the stretch.

Leake had a really good night last night but it was still against the Pirates who haven't managed 80 runs yet this year. He had went 3 games without a quality start before last night. I still need to see more from Leake otherwise he's the one who needs to go to AAA or the pen to make room for Chapman.

I could be wrong, but from what I remember Leake hasn't been very good in the pen. Maybe the answer is send him down, I don't know, but I don't think the answer is putting Chappy in the rotation. The problem has been the offense, or the lack there of. I like Rolen, but am starting to think maybe he shouldn't be starting almost everyday. Moving Bruce to the 4 spot, I think it could be good, just don't know if he would try too hard. Guess we'll never know until they try it. For this team to go anywhere our offense needs to be more consistant. But, like I saw in another post, if the playoffs started today we would be in, even after this horrible start for the offense,

I'm going to put more blame on poor plate approaches......and stubbornness within the constructing of the lineup and the using of pitcher's in reverse order in extra innings.

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    I could be wrong, but from what I remember Leake hasn't been very good in the pen. Maybe the answer is send him down, I don't know, but I don't think the answer is putting Chappy in the rotation. The problem has been the offense, or the lack there of. I like Rolen, but am starting to think maybe he shouldn't be starting almost everyday. Moving Bruce to the 4 spot, I think it could be good, just don't know if he would try too hard. Guess we'll never know until they try it. For this team to go anywhere our offense needs to be more consistant. But, like I saw in another post, if the playoffs started today we would be in, even after this horrible start for the offense,

Yeah he hasn't been there a lot, but Leake has been pretty bad out of the pen. You'd almost need to send him down when Chapman makes that move. I guess there's still time, who knows what'll happen before then. Bailey could go on a bad streak, Leake could go on a hot streak, or if history has told us anything we'll more than likely have an injury in the rotation.

One way or another it'll work itself out, but if everyone is healthy it kinda has to be Leake who goes down.

Turn Off Ads?