Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cario is back monday...

Cario is back monday...

So...what player is either sent down or released or maybe put on the DL? Not whom u think it should be but whom it will be...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I'll send down Willis Harry

Re: Cario is back monday...

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    I'll send down Willis Harry
    no options

throws 106. NBD.

DFA Willie Harris. Frazier needs to be getting starts up here, I'll cry if he gets sent down.

I hope to God they deactivate Willie Harris. Cairo in his place upgrades the roster quite a bit I believe. I hope it is not Frazier as I wouldn't mind seeing him get some PT in LF since Heisey & Ludwick can't hit their weight right now. I don't care if Harris is their only LH off the bench, getting rid of him may force the Reds to make a move for an upgrade in that spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    no options
    Oh....there's an option....maybe not what I said, but there's an option.

The only reason Dusty and Walt may want to put Frazier back in AAA rather than DFA Harris is that you'll have 3 third basemen on the 25 man, and you'll lose your left handed "hitter" off the bench (I use the term "hitter" loosely).

But herb is right. Frazier has done all he could do in his limited time to prove he is the best option at 3rd base right now. Plus, he may be able to contribute in the OF on occasion if necessary. I'd rather see Frazier or Rolen try to hit a right handed pitcher off the bench, heck, even Leake.

ORG is speculating the same thing. Fay said he doubts Frazier is sent down, but still, there is no official word.

takealeake

Please get rid of Harris for God's sake. He's atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    no options
    and? lol

It is most likely going to be Frazier because he has options, unless they would go with one less pitcher, which is not likely. If they were ever going to dfa Harris it would be now. I know wishful thinking.

If they send down Frazier, using the excuse that he has options, then Walt and Dusty are telling me that winning isn't the highest priority.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

Here's a thought, place Brandon Phillips on the 15 day DL. This allows to him to properly treat and heal his hamstring injury and gives Todd Frazier more ABs to prove himself to Dusty. I can't see Cairo or Valdez doing worse than BP at this time, I believe the injury is affecting his play, my big concern is further injury. Frazier at 3B or LF will improve the reds line-up, possibly as a RH #4 hitter, imo. Upon BPs return cut Wee Willie and his .086 BA loose.

the simple fact that we are even wondering what will happen and are scared of what actually will happen should say all this front office needs to know about how the roster is ran....its ran like a high school friends back yard wiffle ball roster.

Willie is the easy answer, he is not helping this team nor is it going to hurt this team if he is not on it....its going to help this team if Todd is here everyday....having a left handed bench warmer is not a pre-requisite to winning....do the right thing and make this club better...

which leads me to my next question, I know the roster is on the GM but when situations like this arise, who makes the call? I would venture to say that Dusty does not have the final say but I am sure his opinion is taken greatly....how does this work with the Reds?

This is the year

Everybody knows my opinion on this. And quite honestly i may flip out if they send Frazier down. Is there a front office Complaint Hotline we can call. lol

Or a dusty baker complaint box. Could you imagine that.

My guess is that they don't make a decision until they come back for the series against Washington. Cairo played 3 games in Dayton and was 0-10. No need to rush back.

When it does happen, I guess it would be either a DFA of Harris or an option of Frazier.

Turn Off Ads?